April 2013 Moms

DH vent

I hate complaining because my husband is great in a lot of ways but seriously give me so help with Ella. He doesn't have the patients when she cries because it hurts him not knowing what she wants..ya I get it it hurts me to I am the one home all day I am the one up all night..I don't ask for help at night because he gets up at 4am to leave for work but when your home turn off the Knicks because they suck instead of letting it ruin ur night and then ruin mine.. ya I get it ur tired and want to relax..when is my time?
Ella is extremely fussy cries for a few hours or fusses without full on screaming at lease 3 times a day..its overwhelming and idk what to do NOTHING MAKES HER HAPPY. Ugh..men they suck

Re: DH vent

• ktr722ktr722 member
    Some guys just don't get it! No, no ... MOST guys don't get it. I've been lucky. My DH has made me want to punch him in the face lol several times, but for the most part does what I ask of him. You need to communicate and just tell him what you NEED him to do. Good luck!
  • imagejaime52005:
    I hate complaining because my husband is great in a lot of ways but seriously give me so help with Ella. He doesn't have the patients when she cries because it hurts him not knowing what she wants..ya I get it it hurts me to I am the one home all day I am the one up all night..I don't ask for help at night because he gets up at 4am to leave for work but when your home turn off the Knicks because they suck instead of letting it ruin ur night and then ruin mine.. ya I get it ur tired and want to relax..when is my time?
    Ella is extremely fussy cries for a few hours or fusses without full on screaming at lease 3 times a day..its overwhelming and idk what to do NOTHING MAKES HER HAPPY. Ugh..men they suck
    yes they do, when ivy came home shed cry and I was the one up all night doing all the driving even the day I got out of the hospital, I had to drive to go to target and all he did was hold her when she wasn't crying or anything. But he did watch her when I needed my baths. So I'll give him that.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagektr722:
    Some guys just don't get it! No, no ... MOST guys don't get it. I've been lucky. My DH has made me want to punch him in the face lol several times, but for the most part does what I ask of him. You need to communicate and just tell him what you NEED him to do. Good luck!

Yup, just tell him. I will sit with Torrin and he needs to be fed or he's fussy and I can think of a million things that need to be done around the house or I haven't gotten to take a shower and it's 3 in the afternoon and Jason will be watching tv or playing a video game. So instead of flipping out, like I have before, I say, "So do you want to do laundry and make dinner or feed/hang out with Torrin?" And he usually takes Torrin. Smile

On a side note I hate when they act like they are being a saint by watching the LO so that you can get house stuff done. Like it's our most favorite thing to do. Oh I just LOVE doing the dishes. Like doing the dishes is = taking a luxurious bath.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageNandaB:
    imageJorleny:
    imagejaime52005:
    I hate complaining because my husband is great in a lot of ways but seriously give me so help with Ella. He doesn't have the patients when she cries because it hurts him not knowing what she wants..ya I get it it hurts me to I am the one home all day I am the one up all night..I don't ask for help at night because he gets up at 4am to leave for work but when your home turn off the Knicks because they suck instead of letting it ruin ur night and then ruin mine.. ya I get it ur tired and want to relax..when is my time? Ella is extremely fussy cries for a few hours or fusses without full on screaming at lease 3 times a day..its overwhelming and idk what to do NOTHING MAKES HER HAPPY. Ugh..men they suck
    yes they do, when ivy came home shed cry and I was the one up all night doing all the driving even the day I got out of the hospital, I had to drive to go to target and all he did was hold her when she wasn't crying or anything. But he did watch her when I needed my baths. So I'll give him that.
    Yea...but you've pretty much established that your baby daddy is a douchecanoe. Hope you got some condoms at target.

Douchecanoe? How have I lived this long and never heard that word!!!! It's amazing!! I just poked DH to tell him but he won't wake up so I texted him and said he's being a total douchecanoe for sleeping.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When I get frustrated with my DH, I always tell him how he would not be able to do this for even a day! And it's true!!! There's most definetly a reason women are the ones nature intended to have the babies etc. men don't get it at all!

On that note, something we've implemented over here well really I implemented is for DH to take a full evening of duties, while I get stuff done. Anything from housework to errands etc. it's helped keep me sane bc it gives me some alone time. I'm still the one up at night with her so its not too overwhelming for him.

Also I know how you feel we hve a very easy baby. Makes me want to throat punch DH when he calls her fussy on the occasional off night that she sometimes has!

You definetly need to talk it out, good luck hope you can find some resolution!

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• imagePansyPants:

imageNandaB:
    imageJorleny:
    imagejaime52005:
    I hate complaining because my husband is great in a lot of ways but seriously give me so help with Ella. He doesn't have the patients when she cries because it hurts him not knowing what she wants..ya I get it it hurts me to I am the one home all day I am the one up all night..I don't ask for help at night because he gets up at 4am to leave for work but when your home turn off the Knicks because they suck instead of letting it ruin ur night and then ruin mine.. ya I get it ur tired and want to relax..when is my time? Ella is extremely fussy cries for a few hours or fusses without full on screaming at lease 3 times a day..its overwhelming and idk what to do NOTHING MAKES HER HAPPY. Ugh..men they suck
    Yea...but you've pretty much established that your baby daddy is a douchecanoe. Hope you got some condoms at target.

Douchecanoe? How have I lived this long and never heard that word!!!! It's amazing!! I just poked DH to tell him but he won't wake up so I texted him and said he's being a total douchecanoe for sleeping.

Yup I'm totally stealing this one! I love it I LOLd when I read it. 

• elbouelbou member

Based purely off the part where you said "he doesn't have the patience when she cries because it hurts him not knowing what she wants" ... have you tried showing him the things you've figured out? Sometimes guys are unsure around babies because they literally don't know what to do. Maybe YH is worried he's gonna hurt her or something if he changes her diaper or rocks her or whatever. Or maybe he can't tell her cries apart yet. If you can tell the difference between a hungry cry and a dirty diaper cry and an overwhelmed cry, you could try pointing out what means what to him, and walk him through what needs to be done next. (For example: this means she has a dirty bum, so we change her, like this or that means she's overwhelmed, so we hold her/rock her/cuddle her/etc.)

Hope that helps with YH, and he starts helping more. Sometimes daddies have the magic touch that will calm a cranky baby. Good luck with the fussy spells!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"