May 2013 Moms

Regimen for self-induction?

Ok so I still have a day til my due date but I am so ready to go into labor. I have started an evening regimen in hopes of helping labor come. Two mugs of raspberry leaf tea, spicy food at dinner, pineapple and banana smoothie, pineapples for evening snack and taking epo vaginally and orally. Please lord let one of these silly things work.

In addition in the morning I eat pineapples and bananas, take epo orally, drink two mugs of raspberry leaf tea and do a ton of walking and staying active during the day.

Anyone else doing anything extra?

Re: Regimen for self-induction?

• pnutgpnutg member
    Have you tried sex? I did. I'm super desperate.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagepnutg:

Nope, unfortunately its not an option for me bc I'm a single FTM...If I could I would totally try it tho!

• Loading the player...
  • What's the pineapple theory?
  • imageTheyCalledHerKate:
    What's the pineapple theory?

I read somewhere that it could possibly help. Please forgive my pregnancy brain but I don't remember exactly how it is supposed to work but what I read did basically say not to count on pineapple to do the trick because whatever chemical reaction that occurs to help would theoretically only work if you ate like 4-5 pineapples.

• blush64blush64 member
    I am almost 39 weeks but I have no desire to try and start labour. I am so uncomfortable but I would love to make it more week. I am doing what I can to relax and not start labour. That being said, I am fully prepared for this baby to come when she decides to.

• imagealexandria921:

imageTheyCalledHerKate:
    What's the pineapple theory?

I read somewhere that it could possibly help. Please forgive my pregnancy brain but I don't remember exactly how it is supposed to work but what I read did basically say not to count on pineapple to do the trick because whatever chemical reaction that occurs to help would theoretically only work if you ate like 4-5 pineapples.

The pineapple has some sort of enzyme that is supposed to stimulate uterine contractions. I swore by it for my first. I juiced it, so I didn't have to eat tons of pineapple, and six hours later I was in labor (I drank two pineapples at 39 weeks). This time, I drank 3 at 38 weeks, and that was on Sunday. I'm still pregnant. I think it was just good timing with the first :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Pedicure!
  • I've been trying lots of things too (spicy food, LOTS of exercise, and even nipple stimulation). I was considering acupuncture, but after speaking with the acupuncturist I know yesterday, I found out she does not 'induce' labor through her treatments so it's not really an option considering I won't go to anyone else - I know/trust her. 

Here's my new theory... I'm starting to think that any/all of these things seem to work when our bodies/babies are actually ready, but if we/they're not ready, nothing will work. 

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • What PP said about it not working if baby isn't ready is true. I'm 38wks and still working and I'm on my feet for 67hrs a day doing light farm work and this baby has not made any attempt to show its ready for the real world.
    I did try acupuncture with my first and I dunno if it worked or if he was ready to come. But Goodluck!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers 7/11-7-12 year of defeat and over coming obstacles 8/12-HSG 9/24/12- long awaited +hpt Staying a mystery until D day!!
  • imagepnutg:

We tried that last night...had 2 hours of strong, low cramps...pretty much constant...went to sleep.  Woke up this morning with no signs.

Also had lots of pineapple yesterday (although not even a half of one total).  We've tried accurpressure sites, nipple stim, bouncing on the yoga ball, 2 large travel mugs of RRLT a day, EPO 1500 2x a day, begging the baby, praying...

This kid doesn't want to go anywhere...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • pnutgpnutg member
    imageShantxtell:
    imagepnutg:

Pnutg, how is your breathing? Did you get it resolved?

Its still bad. The Dr basically said I'm just unfortunate and it wont go away until I deliver. Im now taking ambien every night so at least Im not a zombie all day. Thanks for asking!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Love this post!

I  did acupuncture last Sunday and  asked her to not only show me the pressure points but also work on them. 

Yesterday I spent all eve rubbing them.... today I woke up and felt something but when I went to the Dr I was only 3 cm (last week I was 2 1/2)

Good luck ladies!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"