January 2013 Moms
Options

vent: MIL

have you ever just sat back and wanted to scream because your MIL is driving you CRAZY???

long story short my MIL is leaving her husband over speculation and has no proof of anything. and i mean anything... and feels the need to involve all her kids, myself and her sisters in the mix. well mothers day was a huge 5 hour fight between her and DH. which totally ruined my day and then this morning after DH goes to work she is banging on my front door screaming & crying. and thats not the first time that has happened...needless to say..... i didnt answer the door. i just couldnt deal with it today. this issue has been going on for 18 months now

how do i tell DH that i just cannot deal with this anymore??? i know he agrees with me. just like a week of normal life would be great!!

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: vent: MIL

• Options
    82Sonia82Sonia member
    I would have hid inside too. When I was a kid I thought all adults acted like, well, adults. Can you move far, far away from her?

• Options
    Standing ovation! Good for you for not opening the door. What a nutter!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    2u2wow2u2wow member

good lord! so not your problem to deal with and good on ya for not answering the door!! 

i'd just tell DH that you don't want to see her or be around her drama and especially don't want your LO's around her!!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Good job not opening the door. 

What in the world made her think that it was okay to come throw this on her daughter-in-law? Bat-sh!t crazy. Sorry.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wow! I don't know what is wrong with MIL and why they feel the need to drag down their daughter in laws with them but that's crazy. I would have his inside too, probably scared if she was doing what you said. Hopefully you don't get dragged into this anymore. You don't need to be!
  • Options
    Nice! Lady needs a hobby. Tell your hubs to talk to her.
  • Options
    holly52holly52 member
    crazy lady!! I would've definitely hid inside my house too.  I refuse to be involved in my IL's drama anymore it's just never ending.  And, most if it is caused by one of SIL's.  You just need to have your H tell her she can't put all of that on you and you don't want to deal with it.  Let him deal with her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It sounds like perhaps she's been just looking for an excuse to divorce her husband and is perhaps using her sisters and her kids as a way for her to feel validated in her decision. That being said, it's way out of line for her to bring it to your doorstep, especially in such a dramatic and childish fasion. I'm so sorry this had to go down on what I assume is your first Mother's Day. I feel for you! Good choice in not opening the door- you need to protect yours and your baby's best interests, since she is obviously not interested in doing so.
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"