May 2013 Moms

Lily June (PIP)

Sorry for the delayed announcement, but our little girl was born via c-section on May 8 at 7:38pm, weighing in at 6lbs 2oz and measuring at a little under 18in! 

LONG STORY: We were all set for a vaginal, med-free delivery when my OB discovered that the LO was breech at our 38-week appointment last Monday. We were scheduled for an ECV on Tuesday. It was a much more intense and painful process than I had expected it to be. Unfortunately, manually flipping her didn't work, so the doctor scheduled a c-section for Monday, May 13th (I would have been 39w1d). Our little girl had a plan of her own, though. The very next morning my water broke, so we went in to L&D. They confirmed that I was, in fact, leaking amniotic fluid and admitted me. My OB just happened to be on call that day, so she was the one who delivered the baby. I was terrified of the c-section, mainly because I had been preparing myself for a vaginal delivery. The anticipation and preparation for surgery was a lot worse than the actual c-section, though. Everything went very smoothly and I was able to get up and walk around not even 12 hours after the surgery. 

The first couple of days at home were rough, but we're getting a hang of it! Lily is a wonderful baby and we're starting to get into a routine. I'm recovering well - I still have some pain from the incision, but it's getting better. My husband and I are in love with our new little bundle! Here are a couple of photos of her on the day that we brought her home.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lily June (PIP)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"