December 2011 Moms
Options

Pregnancy update

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Pregnancy update

• Options

imagemtb21:
    Short version: Yesterday I had an appointment and we heard the heart beat on the Doppler.Today I had my first ultrasound which was a dating/NT thing I guess. Didn't get any results yet, but went fine as far as I know. Baby was moving all around and was cute to see! Longer: I was kinda PO'd that I had to drive 1.5 hours instead of going to the hospital 3 blocks away and I was so not impressed with this place! The tech said C was too little for me to be having another and asked if I wanted this baby. And at the end, asked if I'd had any abortions or miscarriages. Is that really relevant? I had to pay for 2 pics, but they literally look like exactly the same pic and it is not a good shot at all. DH didn't come, so I'm disappointed that I only have one crappy pic to show him.

Who even asks this!? The only time I'd ever expect to hear something CLOSE to this from a doctor who is informing me that my child has multiple incurable disorders and just so happens to be one of those aliens that will jump out of my rib cage in the next 10 minutes.

I don't see how it's the tech's business as to previous history surrounding abortions and miscarriages. They aren't the doctor (nor the nurse). It's not their business IMO.

I'm sorry you had a crappy experience but congratulations on number two.

"What are you having?" "Well the radiologist says its a healthy little human baby. I'm a little disappointed, because I really wanted a puppy." LOL
  • Options

WHoa what???? Its not like C is 3 months old and even if he was that is highly innappropriate.  Glad baby is looking good.

BTW  - people are constantly asking me how old R is not because they want to know her age but because they wanna know how far apart my babies will be and I can see them trying to do the math in their head.  Its not like we got pregnant before my six week check up people.  Get over it!

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
  • Options
    lckcdc3lckcdc3 member
    Holy cow! How effing rude!!! I think I would definitely say something to a manager or owner. That is HIGHLY inappropriate and NONE of her business!

Glad the baby looks good though! Whoohoo!!!

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• Options
    motangmotang member

Glad you got to hear the heartbeat! Congrats. 

Im so sorry the tech was so rude to you. Her comments were awful! I hope there is someone you can complain to because that's just not right.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Oh my gosh!!!  That is so crazy and inappropriate!  Sorry you had to deal with that.  Luckily I never had that!  I did have a lot of questions like others asking how old my DD was but I don't really care - it was my decision to have them close in age!  If it were up to me I would have been KU a whole lot quicker than it happened!

Glad to hear the little peanut is doing well!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
  • Options
    Aw I'm glad little peanut is doing well! As for the tech, I would have probably went a little off on her. That's highly inappropriate and unprofessional. It's no ones business WHY you're having another baby! My two are 18 months apart and I love it. I wanted them close in age. And I promise, the first child doesn't get left behind. I just can't get over her rudeness. I would definitely ask your dr not to send you there again, but I would probably let her superiors know about it too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    NNGnomeNNGnome member

Glad your little one is doing OK, but I agree with pp's that is totally inappropriate, my sons pediatrician asked me whether I was going to have a second child and when I told her we were already trying she was horrified (I was about 10 months post partum at the time), she basically asked if I knew they would have autism when they are so close...ummm what, don't think so lady, apparently one study just came out saying there is a slightly higher risk, she just assumed that meant all babies born with small age gaps will be autistic...crazy cakes, I am no longer seeing her, and will be going to a different pediatrician for this baby.

Some people really don't have a clue, DS will be 21 months when this LO is born and I happen to think it's a perfect age, and I don't see who's business it is what age gap you choose for your kids.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

• Options

imagemtb21:
    imagejesselayne8:
    WHoa what???? Its not like C is 3 months old and even if he was that is highly innappropriate. nbsp;Glad baby is looking good.nbsp;BTW nbsp; people are constantly asking me how old R is not because they want to know her age but because they wanna know how far apart my babies will be and I can see them trying to do the math in their head. nbsp;Its not like we got pregnant before my six week check up people. nbsp;Get over it!nbsp;
    IKR? She was East Indian, so maybe it's a cultural thing? But 2 years is not a ridiculously close age gap IMO. She was saying how C still needed me and now I was going to be busy with a new baby. Because I am totally going to abandon C when I have another baby.

Honestly her comments were so inappropriate I might report her to the company she works for. Those comments could be really hurtful to someone that is in the wrong kind of emotional state or wrong kind of circumstances.

It sounds like you are rightfully blowing her off but someone else might really take her idiotic comments to heart....

\image  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"