Birthday Parties

Need advice...

LO's birthday party is next month. There are several people out of state hubby and I "think" we should send invites to. They are either family or close friends.  We know they won't be able to come and our intent of sending them an invite is more of just "to keep them in the loop".  I'm now 2nd guessing sending them to people out of state.  What are your thoughts?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Need advice...

• We have lots of family out of state also and besides sending them to my siblings who all live far away we are keeping it to people close by. I don't want anyone to feel obligated to send a gift if they can't make it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We only sent invitations to guests we expected to attend the party.  For instance, my grandmother, aunt, and cousins live in New Jersey.  I knew my grandmother was planning on flying out, so we sent her an invitation.  We didn't send an invitation to my aunt or cousins.  I didn't want them to feel obligated to send a gift.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • If you don't think they will come I wouldn't send the invite.

We are only sending invites to family and some really close friends. We are inviting one family that we already know can't make it, but it is my son't birthday twin (a gf and I had our boys on the same day). She is inviting us to her son's who is the week before, but they will be out of town on my son's party.

Otherwise it could seem gift grabby, even if that is not your intent, and you just want to keep them looped in. May be after the party send them a picture in the mail saying "I turned 1" would be a better option to keep them in the loop/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• I wouldn't send the invite if I knew they can't come; it looks gift grabby

I second the after even picture idea that PP mentiones 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Thanks for the advice Ladies!  We definitely don't want to come across as gift greedy. Our thought was more of sending it so people knew what was going on :) 
  • I wouldn't send an invite. I used to, but then realized it looks gift grabby, even if that's not your intention. I would just send an updated picture, especially if you get yearly/bday pictures done.
  • This
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would only send them to people you think are going to come.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetwister22:
    I wouldn't send an invite. I used to, but then realized it looks gift grabby, even if that's not your intention. I would just send an updated picture, especially if you get yearly/bday pictures done.

That's a really good idea!  I think I'll talk to hubby about that :)  Thanks for the suggestion

• At some point, every party doesn't need to be a "we want to make sure you feel included" event.  weddings - yes.  Those are huge life events.  But when we start getting to showers and birthday parties - they just aren't the same. 

Yes, your child turning 1 is a huge deal to you.  As it is to any parent!  But at some point, we have to realize that our child and our lives aren't that uber important to everyone we know.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"