February 2013 Moms

Holy monster baby!

Does anyone else have a baby that's in 6 month clothing already? I took him to the pediatrician today for congestion related concerns and he clocked in at 16lbs. Surprise
Married: August 2008
DS born: February 2013
TTC #2: Nov. 14
Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16

Re: Holy monster baby!

• MBush4MBush4 member

A is close to it, but only because he's really long. He's a skinny kid otherwise.

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

• 6 to 9 months here, or 6 to 12 months. 16.25lbs at 2 months. EBF! Holy cow!
    Mommy to Seth (4) and Catherine Anne (13 mo.) Excited to welcome a third child in March of 2013!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep!  Mine was 14lbs last I checked, but that was a few weeks ago.  My first is a peanut (14%tile!) and this one is 85%tile.  I was worried our hand-me-downs wouldn't match in seasons with DS1 as a Dec baby, but no fear there now!  I might be worried he'll be too BIG now!  ETA: He's in 6-9mo clothes.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have the opposite! DS is almost 4 months and still wears 3 months with a little room to grow! I don't understand because when I see other babies his age he doesn't look that small. I think it really has more to do with how they are built then weight.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • DD is still in zero-three month clothes but she is so big for her age (2 mo today). I keep telling myself that had she been born on time she would be 11 weeks and closer to 3 mo, but she's still a biggun.

We're going to our "Weigh To Go" meeting Friday to find out for sure and get some BF advice but from her last weigh in and her current size I'd say she was around 13.3lb? Watch, I'll go in and she'll be 15lb and they'll knock me over with a feather...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep! My little fatty is totally in 6 months clothes now. And he was also 16 lbs. at our appointment a week ago.
  • Here in Germany, even baby clothes come in actual number sizes (measured according to their length in cm), which I think makes a lot of sense. We have a ton of baby clothes from friends and family in the US, though, and I think it's so strange how it's measured in months. It is so rarely accurate. DD1 was a preemie, has stayed teeny tiny, and she just started wearing 12-month pants this winter when she was 22 months. She's in the 3rd percentile for height and weight.

DD2, on the other hand, is 50th percentile height and weight (11lbs7oz), and all of the dates on the US clothes are fitting perfectly so far. She turned 3 months old last week, and like clockwork her 0-3 month old stuff was suddenly too tight. I switched them out for the 3-6/3-9 month stuff 2 days ago.  

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• E is solidly into 3 to 6 mo clothes. I can still put him in his zero to 3 pants but those onsies are getting too small. But we just had a cold snap and I stuck him in too small long sleeves and a jacket.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• I just posted to the fb group... DS is in 9mo clothing and its not even loose! He goes to rhe pedi in 3wks for his 4mo checkup he is starting ro thin out and is about 26inches
  • We're in 6 months and 6-9 months, have been for about a month, and are moving to some 9 months. LO was 14 lbs at 2 months and we're scheduled for our 4 month next week, but according to our scale he's around 16.5 lbs now. It's quite different for me, my first LO stayed in the 25th percentile for weight for a couple of years. Combine that with his height, which was usually around the 75th percentile and he was a little skinny thing! This LO is staying around 90-95th for both height and weight! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Another monster over here! At his 2 month appt. last week he was just under 14 lbs. and 25 inches long (apparently he isn't even on the growth chart for height!). We've been in 3-6 mo. clothes for a couple weeks now. He's not very chubby, just very long. 
  • I started putting DD in some 6 month clothes right around when she turned 3 months old. Like others have said, overall she's not a big baby, but she is pretty long.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• jd614jd614 member
    DS is 13w 2 days and this morning at his appt weighed 15.7lbs and is 25.5 inches!!! today at the gap i bought 6-12 mos clothes!!!!
  • DD2 is in 3-6 month and has been for a couple of weeks.  DD1 was and is a peanut so even though they are both Feb bdays, clothes sharing will be minimal.  Oh darn...mama gets to shop ;)
  • imageMBush4:

A is close to it, but only because he's really long. He's a skinny kid otherwise.

Same here. He's in 3-6 months but the 6 month stuff is just a little big, not too big though. Totally wearable at this point.  DS2 seems like a peanut compared to DS1. They were a lb different at birth but DS1 always wore bigger clothes. I remember he was wearing 18 months at 9 months old.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Yay for healthy, growing babies!! My little dude was 13.75lbs at his 6 week check!! That was just about 5 weeks ago. haha!! I'm curious to see what hre is at his 2 month appt on Thursday!! He wore a 12 tank top onesie today. :)
  • alakealake member

Mallorie wears 3-6 month clothing and has since 2 months.  Today is her three month birthday.  She weighs 14 pounds, and we have custody of her.  She was 7 pounds 14 ounces at birth.

My 8 month old, is in 6-9 month clothing.  She has been since about six and a half months.  She weighs 17 pounds.  She was 6 pounds 3 ounces at birth.  She was born at 37 weeks.  She is fairly short.

My oldest fit into 24 month diaper shirts (we used them as undershirts with dresses) until 3 and a half.

• We are right behind you at 14lb 14oz.

• 101Mims101Mims member

Well we don?t exactly have a monster baby Big Smile, but Delilah had doubled her birth weight by the time she was 10 weeks which is pretty good going I think!

She was delivered 2 weeks early at 5lbs 12oz and is now somewhere in the 13lb range I think. We are EBF too.

DS was, and still is, off the charts for weight. He?s now at roughly 33lbs, but he?s also in the top 98% for height. I think he?ll be a rugby playerWink

• lbonga1lbonga1 member
    imagekelly321:

Here in Germany, even baby clothes come in actual number sizes (measured according to their length in cm), which I think makes a lot of sense. We have a ton of baby clothes from friends and family in the US, though, and I think it's so strange how it's measured in months. It is so rarely accurate. DD1 was a preemie, has stayed teeny tiny, and she just started wearing 12-month pants this winter when she was 22 months. She's in the 3rd percentile for height and weight.

DD2, on the other hand, is 50th percentile height and weight (11lbs7oz), and all of the dates on the US clothes are fitting perfectly so far. She turned 3 months old last week, and like clockwork her 0-3 month old stuff was suddenly too tight. I switched them out for the 3-6/3-9 month stuff 2 days ago.  

I have some clothes, I think maybe from Target that have the sizes listed as month, but also have the length in cm printed. Funny thing is, I think it's still off because my DD didn't start fitting into them until she was at the bigger end of the range printed. But, she's just under 3 months wearing both 0-3 and 3 month clothes, and at her 2 month appointment I believe she was around the 25th percentile for length and 50th for weight. 

• DS was 15.2lbs and 26.5 inches at his 2 month appointment (he won't be 3 months until the 23rd).

imageimageimage
  • Yup 15 lb meatball here and 25 in long!!! 6 month clothing but he is just so darn cute!
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • We are only at 13 lbs, but he is in 6 month Carter's and Pekkele. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagekbates85:
    I have the opposite! DS is almost 4 months and still wears 3 months with a little room to grow! I don't understand because when I see other babies his age he doesn't look that small. I think it really has more to do with how they are built then weight.

E is still tiny, and wearing the 0-3 months still. With the warmer weather coming I sure hope I don't need to buy weather suited outfits in this size! I had everything all planned for the first full year! 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"