Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Gerber Essentials Bottles

What do you think of these? These are the ones you can buy at Wal-Mart in a three pack for like 3 bucks. You can get them with either a latex or silicone nipple.

Re: Gerber Essentials Bottles

• I read good reviews online about them, but I was very unhappy with the ones I bought. The silicone nipples are very flimsy and there's not a tight enough seal between them and the plastic ring, so they leak. DD's outfit had to be changed almost every time we used those nipples because she got soaked. I even bought a separate pack of nipples from a different store, thinking maybe I just got a bad batch, and they did the same thing. I would not recommend them based on our experience. We bought the cheap Parent's Choice nipples from Wal-Mart and they work great!
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• a13049a13049 member
    We got a variety of bottle fro our shower and they are DD's favorite. We ended up buy more once we knew she liked them and sent a couple packs to the grandparents houses. We have used Tommee Tippe, Similac bottles and medela.  DD doesn't have a problem using any bottles or nipples, though, so we love that they are cheap and easy.  We haven't had a problem with leaking like PP.   

• Loading the player...
  • amy715amy715 member
    I bought some for DD because they're supposed to reduce gas and fussiness. I have noticed that she seems calmer after a feeding since we switched, so they must work pretty well. One warning though. I found that I have to make sure that I pull on the nipple to make sure they're aren't any gaps between the silicone part and the plastic park before I give it to her, otherwise they have a tendency to leak.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers IAmPregnant Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"