C-sections

Itching post c/s

I don't remember this after my c/s with my twins.  My c/s was last night at 5:00 pm, a few hours later and all day today I itch like crazy.  Anyone else experience this?  How long does it last?  I've been getting Benadryl in my IV and it hasn't seemed to help thus far.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
BabyGaga

Re: Itching post c/s

• It's from one of the pain meds, and my nose itched like crazy!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yep I itched with all of my csections. I was told it is from the spinal. It went away after about a day for me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It's the morphine they use. It wears off in 24 hours. Hang in there!
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• I only itched from the surgical tape they used during my epidural.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MrsJ723MrsJ723 member
    I itched with both c sections and it lasted about 24 hours. They gave me benedryl but it didn't really help.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Kie310Kie310 member
    Yea, this 2nd time around I was the same way. It is the meds.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh yeah, I was itchy all over. I had then take out the spinal 12 hrs after my c/s because I couldn't take the itching. Try taking a shower after they take it out. That helped me
  • I have itching that isn't helped by Benadryl. We discovered that I'm allergic to codeine. Which is the primary pain med they give you after the morphine wears off. Ask them to try a non codeine pain med for me, it is Delauded. Sorry for the spelling in that! LOL!
  • I had the Benadryl IV too and it still took a while for the itching to go away. Then once my face wasn't itchy anymore my whole body was itchy for the first couple of days. Good luck.
  • I am an OB nurse and itching is very common, it's from the Morphine they put through the epidural/spinal.  It usually lasts 24-48 hours.  The benadryl doesn't work for everyone.  Ask them to get you Nubain for itching, it helps a lot more and doesn't make you drowsy.
  • I itched like crazy!!! It started after my epidural and didn't go away until about 36 hours after my csection.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"