April 2013 Moms

Shots Suck...

Wow... I think I cried more than he did for those 2 month shots! LO then proceeded to pass out, coma-style, for several hours... wake up screaming... eat... projectile vomit (hit the wall behind us, no joke) due to more screaming... then I swaddled him really tight, gave him a wubbanub, and he is passed out again in his swing. 

Yay for vaccines and public health, but seriously... why didn't I buy Tylenol on the way home?!?!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
           Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
        Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!

Re: Shots Suck...

• elbouelbou member
    Awww...poor baby! Sounds like he had it rough. It definitely sucks watching them go through that pain, even when it's for their own good. Tylenol would probably be a good idea...try giving it to him just before the appointment next time. Hang in there, mama, it does get easier. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• aww  post shot snuggles are the best worst kinda snuggles 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    Fortunately shots seem to get progressively easier on them as they get older. DS didn't even cry for his Hep A booster at 18 months. He did the silent cry until he stopped breathing for the early rounds. Shots are tougher on mom and dad than baby though. They get over it quickly. Warm wash cloth on the leg muscles and some massage can help too. Hope your LO is done with the projectile vomiting. No fun.
  • imageKate_C:
    Fortunately shots seem to get progressively easier on them as they get older. DS didn't even cry for his Hep A booster at 18 months. He did the silent cry until he stopped breathing for the early rounds. Shots are tougher on mom and dad than baby though. They get over it quickly. Warm wash cloth on the leg muscles and some massage can help too. Hope your LO is done with the projectile vomiting. No fun.

Yes the shots get easier for them to handle. DS screamed and cried big time after his 2 month shots but by the 4 mo ones when he had more meat on his bones, he was over it so much quicker.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • SRK128SRK128 member
    This is going to sound awful but Brooke and Ellie don't even notice any more when we have to give them their shots. Baby Tylenol works great! Hope he is feeling better.
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"