Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Where does your LO usually nap?

Swing, car seat, carrier, in your arms, rock n play, crib?

DS will nap in all of those places but I get most frustrated when he's in the rnp b/c he'll wake up after 45 min wanting his paci or to be soothed again. He's in the swing now and he just woke up but the motion soothed him back to sleep without a paci.

I don't know why I'm fighting him taking naps in the swing if he does so well! Where does your LO nap most/best?

My little man at 0-1-2
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

Re: Where does your LO usually nap?

• mnj05mnj05 member
    Most of the time it's in the swing. There are times he'd rather be on his tummy so I let him nap on the play mat next to me. Every once in a while he still wants that contact so he'll sleep on me or right next to me on the couch.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• JenniD2JenniD2 member
    LO will either sleep in his bouncer or in my arms or on my chest. If I try to have him nap in the swing, he ends up waking up after 15 minutes or so.
  • Loading the player...
  • jannv11jannv11 member
    In her swing.  Usually after an hour i'll turn it off and she'll still sleep.  She does fine on the go too in her car seat.  If I would put her in her napper or bed she won't last 45 mins but the swing she does 3 hours in the mornig.  Hate to use it to get a good nap but at 2 months was hoping it wasn't setting a bad habit. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • In the crib. Didn't want to have her be dependent on the movement of the swing. She slept in the swing until she was about 5-6 weeks then week 6 we worked hard to get her to sleep in her crib. Only took 4-5 days and now that is the only place we put her for naps and bedtime. It also helps bc I can get things done around the house without having to be super quiet, and just carry around the video monitor. 
  • Nap? What are those? She naps mostly in my arms. She nurses, falls asleep for 15 min, wakes up and nurses again, etc etc etc. Sometimes she'll nap in the swing for a while, sometimes in the RnP. She takes one good nap a day, so I think the location she takes that nap just depends on when she decides it will be.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • She usually naps in her swing...not because of the motion, but because she likes to watch the mobile when she gets cranky and overstimulated, so she'll usually fall asleep eventually. Once she is asleep, I can move her wherever and she will keep napping.

BabyFruit Ticker

• It depends on the time of day. First thing in the morning he naps in the swing and usually sleeps about an hour or so before he's ready to eat again (kid eats around the freaking clock). While I'm making dinner he naps in the bouncer in the kitchen. Otherwise he's napping on me. Once he's a bit older I'll transition him to napping in the bassinet or crib. 

Two things that have always gotten all three of my kids to sleep for a long stretch of time have been:

1. Baby wearing - sure fire way to get them to sleep

2. The Holy Grail: swaddled in the swing with the vacuum running (sounds crazy but actually works).  https://youtu.be/AHxo9zZm_dM

Stasa 01.15.09 * Lexi 03.24.11 * Tommy 04.27.13 * Merklet #4 due 10.10.15

BLOG    THE BABY STANDARD    FLICKR    VIDEOS

• imageKari Merks:

It depends on the time of day. First thing in the morning he naps in the swing and usually sleeps about an hour or so before he's ready to eat again (kid eats around the freaking clock). While I'm making dinner he naps in the bouncer in the kitchen. Otherwise he's napping on me. Once he's a bit older I'll transition him to napping in the bassinet or crib. 

Two things that have always gotten all three of my kids to sleep for a long stretch of time have been:

1. Baby wearing - sure fire way to get them to sleep

2. The Holy Grail: swaddled in the swing with the vacuum running (sounds crazy but actually works).  https://youtu.be/AHxo9zZm_dM

how do you swaddle your baby in the swing? How can you strap him in if he is swaddled? 

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • imagewatermellens:

Swing, car seat, carrier, in your arms, rock n play, crib?

DS will nap in all of those places but I get most frustrated when he's in the rnp b/c he'll wake up after 45 min wanting his paci or to be soothed again. He's in the swing now and he just woke up but the motion soothed him back to sleep without a paci.

I don't know why I'm fighting him taking naps in the swing if he does so well! Where does your LO nap most/best?

my baby naps either in his swing or, his favorite, on his play mat on his tummy. Our pedi said he can nap on his tummy as long as we are in the room to keep an eye on him, and he seems to really like it and sleeps longer in the daytime on his tummy. At night he is on his back of course, in the crib. 

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Most often in his swing or in my arms.
  • imagepinottoparenthood:

how do you swaddle your baby in the swing? How can you strap him in if he is swaddled? 

I swaddle them, put them in the swing and strap them in around the swaddle on the bottom (have to set the straps on the longest part possible). And the snap down tray also helps lock them in. I'm also always in the room with the baby while using the swing this way.  

• imageKari Merks:
    imagepinottoparenthood:

I swaddle them, put them in the swing and strap them in around the swaddle on the bottom (have to set the straps on the longest part possible). And the snap down tray also helps lock them in. I'm also always in the room with the baby while using the swing this way.  

Oh and I only do this while they're still unable to roll over. Once my babies start rolling over I stop swaddling.  

• On me, or in the Beco, or if I am lucky, the carseat after a drive.  I just ordered a swing.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • KMac570KMac570 member
    On me, or in his carrier mostly.  Sometimes I can transfer him to his bouncy seat, swing (not moving though), RnP or crib (rarely).  
    Miscarriage in January 2012 at 8 weeks
    Subsequently diagnosed with low P4, LOR. MH DX low motility, varicocele 
    BFP in July 2012 (Gonal-f + trigger + IUI#2 (B2B) + prometrium)
    Lost Baby A prior to 7 weeks; large SCH; Baby B (Bug) was born in March 2013
    BFP June 2014; EDD February 19, 2015
  • right now in the sling, in my arms and the crib. and her best naps are in the crib, where as the sling and arms i might get a 30-45 minute nap...unless I'm walking for a long period of time.
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • LisaM06LisaM06 member
    She naps in her swing and in her crib, although she sleeps longer in the swing. If we are out and about she naps pretty well in her car seat and stroller.  Overall she is a great napper! 
  • crusty1crusty1 member

Finally got DS to nap 3 1-hr naps per day in his own bed. Morning nap is in crib in his big bro's room so he can get used to sleeping in there. Afternoon ones are in his bassinet in our room so that big bro can still peacefully have his 3-hr afternoon nap we all need to get through the day. lol

Not looking forward to the time when baby bro has outgrown his bassinet and HAS to sleep and nap in the crib in big bro's room. Should be a fun ride :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I try him in the crib most often, but he doesn't nap in there very well.  After 30 minutes, he's awake and usually won't go back to sleep.  

He sleeps in the swing sometimes, though I'm trying to avoid that because that's the only place DS1 would nap and he had such a hard time when he started daycare and had to nap in the crib.  

He usually falls asleep in the car and will sometimes stay asleep once we arrive at our destination. 

• In the swing or my arms but if she falls asleep in my arms, I will lay her down on the couch next to me once she's out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Swing, bouncer or in her crib. She gets a better nap in the bouncer - I call it the insta-sleep. Within minutes, she's out and will stay that way for a long time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"