May 2013 Moms

Well, I'm out - birth story inside

We were planning on a VBAC for this LO that was due 05/06/2013.  I went into spontaneous labor with DS1 at 37w5d, and I had a scheduled c/s with my twins at 38w).   None of us ever thought I'd make it to my EDD.  Lo and behold, the weeks came and rolled on by.  I was contracting like crazy every night, but nothing was getting stronger or closer, and I was able to sleep through them, and Lord knows you're not going to sleep through "real" labor.  We got to 40w3d and my OB said he didn't feel comfortable going past 41w because of the increased risk of placental calcification and deterioration.  I was hopeful to get to 42w before having a RCS (my OB won't do a VBA2C), but he went to med school so I take his advice.  My c/s was scheduled for 5:00 pm so we had to get here at 3:00 so they could get me changed, IV'd, and ask 1,000 questions.  I walked back to the OR just a few minutes before 5:00.  My spinal wasn't too terrible, just extreme pressure when he was doing it.  I laid back and they started prepping.  Thankfully DH and BOTH parents were able to be in the room.  Around 5:20 I heard his amazing cry, Jonathon B was born.  I almost started crying, I looked over at IM (Intended Mother) and she was crying.  DH was instructed to leave me and go get pics, those first moments is what this was all about, I didn't want to miss it just because I was strapped to a table.  It took quite a while for my OB to stitch me up, but I know he's very meticulous so NBD in my mind.  We got back to my room and went over a bunch of questions again.  The boys and I will see the baby tonight so we can all officially meet him and say goodbye.   He was 9lbs 10oz, 21" long, my OB didn't know if I would've been able to have him vaginally or not.  Overall a pretty uneventful section.  My OB has agreed to let me go home 1 day early (Thursday), I asked for 2 days early yesterday and he said we'll see how things go when the day (Wednesday) gets here.  He's very laid back about the recovery because I'm not taking a new baby home that will have needs through the night.  I started crying last night when we pulled into the hospital because I didn't want to say goodbye to my boys, they're coming up tonight to visit me and unless I go home tomorrow I won't see them again until Thursday because they have church tomorrow night and there just wouldn't be enough time to come to the hospital and go to church after DH picks them up.  

The bad news, because of the spinal, I've been itching like CRAZY, I can't freaking stand it, and either Benadryl isn't really helping or if it would be so much worse without Benadryl.  I also was unable to sleep well because I'm used to sleeping on my side, that's not really possible after the section because then everything's twisting and pulling and it's just painful/uncomfortable.

*Anytime I post a pic of them/us I always ask permission, I'll not even ask for their baby, I wouldn't like pics of my kids floating around, so I don't think it's fair to ask that pics of their kids be shared with people they don't personally know.  

**All in all it's been a great experience thus far, I feel truly honored that this wonderful couple trusted Ryan and I so much with their most precious cargo and have allowed us to be a part of their growing family.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
BabyGaga

Re: Well, I'm out - birth story inside

• What an amazing gift you've given them!  I hope the recovery from your c-section is swift and I hope you are in good shape emotionally.  Hopefully the itching will stop soon, too.  I remember that driving me crazy after my c-sections.  I think it was actually the post-surgery pain meds rather than the spinal that caused it for me.     
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • How wonderful! 

What a big boy!!! 

• Loading the player...
  • You are such an amazing woman with a very special family.  The gift you gave the intended family is priceless and they will forever be grateful to you.  I hope you are very proud of the job you did.  Congrats to the new parents and you. 
  • That was a beautiful birth story, you are giving the most special gift possible.

you are truly an amazing woman. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • pnutgpnutg member
    Congrats to your family and theirs!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Your amazing! That was a really nice birth story
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • It's been inspiring to spend the last nine months with you.
  • Again, I think you're amazing.  You're a wonderful person who gave a ridiculously selfless gift.  I hope your recovery is as easy as it can be!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm sorry about your vbac but congrats on the wonderful gift you gave the parents. You're an amazing woman !

View Full Size Image

• April!April! member
    What a wonderful gift. Thank you for sharing your story with us! I hope your recovery continues and that all goes well.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
  • CNJ4EVACNJ4EVA member
    What an amazing thing to do, bless you!
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I admire the gift you have given the parents and the selflessness you have to do so. I imagine it is SO hard but such an incredible blessing to be a part of at the same time. I hope healing for you goes well and that the itching stops asap. Thank you so much for sharing your inspirational journey with us! 
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

• Congratulations, you did an amazing thing!
  • burkemsburkems member
    Congratulations on giving an amazing gift. I hope your recovery is super fast!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimage
  • That is the most amazing story I have ever heard. It's so awesome of you to have done that for someone else's family.
  • rsage53rsage53 member
    I am so glad that you were a part of our group!  Congrats on the birth! I can only imagine how elated the family you've blessed is.
  • You're are just wonderful! Congratulations on giving the intended parents such and amazing gift!
  • I just can't get over what an amazing thing you did for the birth parents.  Such a special gift to be able to give.  Congrats!

BabyFruit Ticker  

Little West #1: Born May 23, 2013

Little West #2: Due April 15, 2015

2U2 Fossil Mommy

• Congratulations on a successful delivery. I concur with PPs you have given this family an amazing gift. Best wishes on a speedy recovery!!

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Truly an amazing gift, and story. Congratulations to you and the intended parents!!

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• You are a rock star! 
  • erin511erin511 member
    What an awesome, awesome thing you did and it seems you did it with such grace! What a lucky family to have met you :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    DS#2 due 11/9/15

• emjayrnemjayrn member
    What an amazing gift you gave them. I hope you recover quickly! Great job!!
  • motangmotang member
    Amazing! That family is so blessed with the most wonderful gift you gave them. I hope you have a speedy recovery and are able to go home soon. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wow, what a story!  You have given a true gift to this family and I hope you realize how you have positively impacted your world!  Way to go Mama!  I hope you have a speedy recovery!!
    TTC#2 5+ yrs Me: 44 yrs DH: 34 yrs DS born 8/2007 MC 11/2008 (natural) MC 5/2011 (IVF) MC 12/20011 (IVF) BFP 9/2012!! (DE) EDD 5/25/2013 BabyFruit Ticker
  • You're an amazing woman to have given them such a gift!
    Me: 32
    DH: 35
    DD #1: 6/1/2013
    EDD #2: 6/7/2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• MamaBear...I have been waiting and lurker for your birth story. Your entire journey and story has been amazing. What a lucky boy to have so many people love him so much. Congrats and I hope you heal quickly and are back having adventures with your boys.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have been waiting to read your birth story too.  So glad to hear everything went well, and I can't even imagine how thankful the IPs are!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"