Babies: 3 - 6 Months

I'm gonna lose it!

Please tell me I am not the only one!!! What is the 45 min. intruder?!?!?! What are 30 min. short naps?!?!?! I wouldn't know bc my child doesn't even get that far! I'm ready to scream.  She has never been a good napper, I've probably posted about her and what to do 15 times.  She napped on me for the first 8 weeks.  Then I began putting her in the RnP for naps which resulted in 30-45 min naps.  Sucked but doable.  For the last probably 3 weeks, she naps anywhere from 15-30 mins, usually around 20-22.  It's freaking ridiculous! I've tried everything, putting her down earlier, later, in between.  She currently gets rocked to sleep so I know she might not be able to put herself back to sleep once awake yet somehow she manages just fine at night, sleeps 730-5.  I'm just so frustrated with rocking her for 10 mins. just so she can get up in 15 mins. over and over and over again.AHHH

sorry had to vent

BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: I'm gonna lose it!

• I know how you feel. My son takes 20-30 min naps about 3-4 times a day and STILL doesn't sleep through the night. He's never been a good sleeper so I guess I don't know any different. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just wondering- how old are your babies? Mine is 5 months and he doesnt sleep through the night and you can barely call his "naps", naps! They last 10 min sometimes!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter is 3 and a half months.  At least she sleeps through the night so I cant complain about that.  I guess that's why its so annoying, I know shes capable of sleeping
    BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Same here.  30 minute naps now.  I also used to hold her that first 3 months of her life for naps.  I have, however, started putting her in the crib after rocking for a few minutes until she's drowsy.  Ten when she fusses at the 30 minute mark I let her go a little while before getting her.  Sometimes she goes back to sleep and sometimes she cries hard so I get her.  She is a big thumb sucker so sometimes she plugs herself and goes back to sleep which is wonderful! 
  • tilsonctilsonc member
    Your LO sleeps from 7:30-5? I will trade you!! Mine went to sleep around 7:30 last night and woke up at 11:30 and would not go back down until about 12:30. She woke up again at 3 to eat and then again at 6. She does nap during the day, but not for that long.
  • CellisCellis member

imagetilsonc:
    Your LO sleeps from 7:30-5? I will trade you!! Mine went to sleep around 7:30 last night and woke up at 11:30 and would not go back down until about 12:30. She woke up again at 3 to eat and then again at 6. She does nap during the day, but not for that long.

Sounds like my nights! DS use to take two naps a day, they were 2-3 hours long. It was awesome! Now I'm lucky if they go past 30 minutes. I don't know what happened. He is able to soothe himself to sleep at night or if I place him in his crib awake, he will go to sleep on his own. He is ready to play when he wakes up from those short naps.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"