February 2012 Moms

post tattoo pics of what you want or what you have

for mobile users :  post tattoo pics of what you want or what you have
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: post tattoo pics of what you want or what you have

• Excuse the sandal marks on my foot...and my need for a pedi!  This one I like, but it needs to be touched up a little.  I looked for a butterfly that I liked for a long time and I loved this one(yes it's a butterfly, people always think it's a fairy, uhh NO).  I have one on my ankle that I'm not sharing.  I hate it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I just saw a picture on Pinterest of a tattoo that was in the shape of a heart that had fingerprints - like thumbprints.  

I also saw a picture of a hummingbird which is my grandmother's favorite thing ever.  I would like to do a small outline of a hummingbird flying to a bluebonnet because my grandpa loved bluebonnets and we make sure to have some on his grave all the time.  We buy silk flowers and replace them every month or so.  

How long did it take your tattoo to heal?  How bad was the pain for you?   Have you regretted the location?

• Loading the player...
  • This one healed a lot better than the one on my ankle...which is part of the reason I hate the one on my ankle.  It messed up in the healing process.  I'm a wuss when it comes to pain...my ankle hurt, my foot wasn't bad at all and I was freaked out because a guy in the shop(that had a black widow tattooed from his hip, up his side, under his arm to his elbow) said he'd never get a tat on his foot because of the pain.  Uhhh, it didn't hurt hardly at all!  If it tells you anything I'd do my other foot in a heart beat...and it's actually where I want my next one.  I haven't regretted getting the one on my foot at all.

• I'm about to post some pics of what I like.  I asked my friend who has some tattoos on her foot - like on the top of hers just where yours is - and she said it took 3 weeks to a month to heal.  I'm trying to plan a beach trip and I'd like to get it before or after that, before I'd prefer as we have some weddings and baby showers coming up and I want it to be healed and pretty by that time since it will show because I'm wearing dresses and heels.
  • I think healing and how long and how well really depends on the person.  Mine did not take a month  to heal...maybe 2 weeks.  But you could never tell that it was "healing".  Lubriderm, unscented lotion, was what I used at the advice of the tat place.  It was awesome.  My foot barely even peeled.

• I'm thinking of one more on the side of my foot like above the arch - so unless I was wearing flip flops it would rub.  How long would that need to be avoided?  
  • I did mine at the beginning of summer and pretty much wore flip flops the whole time.  No rubbing?  I'd give it 2 weeks, but like I said healing varies person to person.  I truly believe the lotion I used is what kept mine in the best shape and shortened my healing time.

• I'm trying to PIP and it won't work.  Darn tinypic!  Any other options?  I guess I could just paste a clicky link to it
  • I have this on my right shoulder from when I was 18.

I will probably get one more after we are done having children and work their initials into it somehow. This is a board of tattoos I like:

https://pinterest.com/shana1127/tattoos/

• Tattoo on my arm in honor of my daughter. I wear my heart on my sleeve :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1622977614554&l=5ef9c74dba

I have quite a few others but this is my big one. I also have a heart shaped locket on my leg for my husband, a symbol for the lunar eclipse on one shoulder blade (my daughter was born at the height of a lunar eclipse), a tribal sun and moon on my other shoulder blade, and the astrological symbol for Libra on my other leg.  My next tat will be on my leg as well for my son which will swirly ocean water with 2 fish (hes a pieces after all), a triton down the center with a ribbon with my sons name. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"