February 2012 Moms

If you had to get a tattoo today what would you get and why?

For mobile users:  If you had to get a tattoo today what would you get and why?

I'm bored - both my kids are home today with fever and I'm rocking the baby while my oldest watches cartoons.  If this continues, prepare for more random posts because I'm attached to the rocker!  :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you had to get a tattoo today what would you get and why?

• If probably have color put into my puma. I think I'm going to change it to a panther or leopard because it looks so drab next to my colorful peacock and cherry blossom tree. Or an owl, because owls are awesome, a Chinese Dragon, because they are awesome, or a horny toad because I'm from Texas. Or a prickly pear cactus. Or some sort of graphic design like Hattie's fractal.

I have enough idea to keep me broke for the next two decades.
  • A tiny rubber ducky.
    DS has soooooo many duckies.
    Hope you're fully charged!
    Hate it when I'm stuck and my phone is almost dead
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • mkarnsmkarns member
    I'd get one of my current tattoos covered. I have "One Love" written on my lower back from when I was 18 and got the same saying with 3 other girls, who I never speak to any more. I don't want my kids asking me about it when they can read. Once I'm done breastfeeding #2 I will be getting it covered.

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Mar5195Mar5195 member
    Probably my son's name. I like tattoos ALOT but I don't think I'd look good with one.
  • I am fully charged!  Yay haha.  

My answer is Faith Hope and Love.  I have always loved what those three words signify and they were part of our wedding vows and we have the wooden words on our wall above our bed.  It's just been a part of me for so long that it feels right.  I'd like it to be on my foot following my toe line in a simple but somewhat feminine font.  

I have wanted a tattoo for years and I keep coming back to this.  I'm thinking I will actually get it for myself this summer so I can wear flip flops or sandals while it heals.   

• imagemkarns:
    I'd get one of my current tattoos covered. I have "One Love" written on my lower back from when I was 18 and got the same saying with 3 other girls, who I never speak to any more. I don't want my kids asking me about it when they can read. Once I'm done breastfeeding #2 I will be getting it covered.

why do you want it covered?  I like the song "one love" by darius rucker - was it about that?   

• I'd like to get Ian's first feet print...I've seen it done and thought it was really cool.

• I don't know! I have 5 that I love but I'm maxed out for now.
  • imagegoldenleaves:
    I don't know! I have 5 that I love but I'm maxed out for now.

Why are you maxed out?  Where are they on you and what are they?  I really want to get one on my foot but I'm still debating about what and where exactly.   

• hizah05hizah05 member
    I have 2 but I'd like one more. They really can be addicting. My mom used to always say about life, "it's not the destination, it's the journey". She passed away 2 years ago and I've always wanted to get that saying somewhere as a reminder of her and to enjoy my journey.

• joie12joie12 member

I have a kanji on my lower back that I'd really really really like to get covered. I was 18 and a month when I got it, and it's just so stupid. I want something colorful and not black. I told H I want to get it covered for my 35th bday, so in 3 years. That gives me time to save up for something cool! I really have no idea what I would get though. I like the thought of a oaxacan chicken (folk art-y), as we call DD chicken as her nickname, but I'm petrified of actual chickens so I feel like it would be weird. 

I have seen some gorgeous no-outline tattoos on pinterest recently that are really appealing, too...  

• mkarnsmkarns member
    imagesapphirebride06:

imagemkarns:

why do you want it covered?  I like the song "one love" by darius rucker - was it about that?   

No we were really tight, like a family for a long time. I was losing my Mother and I needed them. Anyway, long story short...If we were still friends, I would keep it. It's hard to explain the story to someone brand new and I'm asked about it ALL the time.

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I would get Anna's footprints tattooed in white ink on my forearm. Oh, or I saw a really cute one that starts out as a heartbeat and then the line spells the word sisters, its the tattoo I want to get with my best friend.
  • I'd get Audra's name tattooed on my foot. I still want to do it but I'm too chicken sh!t. I'd get it because I love her and want it for her. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

BFP #1 6-8-11 EDD 2-19-12. DD born 2-3-12 via induction due to pre-e.
    BFP #2 9-7-13 EDD 5-22-14. It's a GIRL! DD#2 is on her way.
  • I want to get a baby phoenix coming up from the ashes. I'd also like to get something to signify my children (when I'm done), but not sure yet what it'd be.
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"