Baby Names

Might have a name!

We have four more months before we HAVE to decide, but I'm impatient and want to have a name for DD soon, i.e.. I have friends who do embroidery and are itching to make monogrammed baby things! DH and I have been discussing off and on for the last week and MIGHT have agreed on: Meredith Isla Eugenia. We both like Meredith, though I prefer Isla for the first name. He doesn't, so this is a compromise. Eugenia is for my grandmother, Thelma Eugene, the last living grandparent either of us have. She's 98! I thought it would be a cool way to honor her. Last name begins with K. Thoughts? I think we are solid on Meredith Isla, but the second middle name is not nailed down. Any other suggestions?

image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

Re: Might have a name!

• I think Eugenia is lovely and the family meaning is great. I'd keep it.
  • I'm not a fan of two middle names and, although I love Isla, it doesn't fit in here. Meredith Eugenia are very traditional. Isla, although not a "new name" is far more exotic. I could see Isla Meredith or Meredith Eugenia.... dislike Meredith Isla Eugenia. Just my two cents though! 
  • Loading the player...
  • It's lovely.  I'd keep the name as is.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• I really like Meredith Eugenia.  I think the Isla gets lost in the middle of two more substantial names.
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies! Hoping to nail this down soon.

Re: the double middle names, it's something we started with DS, and also a family naming tradition on my husband's side, so we are sticking with that. I do prefer Isla Meredith, and Isla represents our Scottish heratige. But DH does not like Isla as a first name, so I'm giving in and letting it bump down to a middle. I've just always loved that name.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imageEmpireceo:
    I really like Meredith Eugenia. nbsp;I think the Isla gets lost in the middle of two more substantial names.

This!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• I like it. Especially after you said your son already has a double MN.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm an idiot I guess, how do you pronounce the MN?  I don't care for it... I love Eugenia very pretty and Meredith is a pretty and feminine name not overused

• imagekelley72:

I'm an idiot I guess, how do you pronounce the MN?  I don't care for it... I love Eugenia very pretty and Meredith is a pretty and feminine name not overused

isla I believe most would pronounce it eye-la 

• Kate070Kate070 member
    Love it!  Meredith is on my own list.  Great choice
    Met my soul mate October 2011 ~ Married August 2012

BFP September 2013 ~ Our baby boy is due May 2014

• wklj875wklj875 member

I think it sounds beautiful! I love two middle names,  all my sibling and I have two middle names and so do my three children. 

It's also nice to see that you guys are making compromises with each other,You don't always see that in this forum.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it is fine as is. Eugenia is my favorite of the bunch, mostly for the family connection.

Meredith is a little dated to me, so I think it is good to keep an of the moment name like Isla in there to keep it from getting too frumpy.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • imagequeenbone:

Meredith is a little dated to me, so I think it is good to keep an of the moment name like Isla in there to keep it from getting too frumpy.

This was my thinking as well! We both tend to lean towards traditional names (our names are VERY traditional - Elizabeth and Benjamin), but we both have a lot of Scottish heritage in our families and thought Isla (island in Scottish Gaelic) was a fun way to honor that. It's not common in the US, but very popular in the UK. Meredith is an old Welsh name, historically a surname or male name, but I've only ever known girls named Meredith, at least in the US.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"