3rd Trimester

Family keeps insisting baby will come out a GIRL!

It's actually starting to get on my nerves because I feel deep down they just dont want to accept the fact that its another boy.  My mom ALWAYS wanted me to have a girl and favors baby girls. I know her and know how exited and different she would be if he were a girl. She is still supportive etc but doesn't have the same excitement. I wanted one too very badly, but once I found out it was another boy, I realized he is actually a better fit for our family and Im exited! 

The ultrasound tech determined the baby was a boy back in Jan. so of course I trust that as they arent wrong often.  I have to admit though, with my mom and grandma saying this so often because my stomach looks this way or that way etc. (it actually looks like I swallowed a basketball, im ALL belly).

I'm starting to get nervous too and wonder, would if they are right? I have all this boy stuff and its in the back of my mind OMG would if he did pop out as a girl? I dont get any more ultrasounds after Jan :(

Re: Family keeps insisting baby will come out a GIRL!

• jlpevjlpev member
    I carried my son exactly like my daughter this time which is all belly. I had a growth ultrasound at 35 weeks and my Dr confirmed we were having a girl.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had family who INSISTED it was a girl (because we were hoping for a boy and they were trying to push that you don't get what you want...and it got on my nerves.  I know you can't choose what it is, hello!)  Well, it's a BOY, just as I said (and as I predicted with my other two children, 1 boy, 1 girl)  Don't let them get in your head.  If it comes out a girl, it comes out a girl and no matter what it comes out as, everyone will be happy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • If the 20 week scan showed a penis, it's a boy.  Unless your family has X-ray vision and the ability to do a genetic screen on the fetus's DNA, they don't know what they are talking about.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ehnastoehnasto member
    Try not to let them get to you. Unless they have magical powers they can't dictate what gender your baby is. If it was super clear you are having a boy from your scan in January then just go with that. If they can't be excited for you then it is their loss.
  • Everyone thought I was having a boy because of how I was "carrying," very low. But ultrasound came back girl. I would just explain to them that how you carry has nothing to do with what you have and they need up accept baby for what he is.
  • My mom keeps insisting I am going to have twins. I keep telling her I've had 5 ultrasounds.. If there were two babies in there someone would have noticed. Sometimes I wonder if two could pop out. But I know it's just one lol
  • Honestly, you never know for SURE what the sex is until it's born. But if you had an ultrasound at 20 weeks and they said boy, you're probably having a boy. Techs have been wrong before, but it's not that common.

And saying you're having a girl because of how you're carrying is just dumb. I've carried the same way with both children and I'm having a boy this time.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • If you wanted to reconfirm you could go to an elective place
  • If they were wrong about the sex, chances are it is if they told you it was a girl and its actually a boy. It is very rare it's the other way around. Rest easy that you're having a boy and congratulations on another healthy baby! They will get over the fact that its nit a girl as soon as they see this precious baby. I always hate to see people posting about their family wishing for a different sex. It is so sad.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • MissDeiMissDei member
    imagemx4l:

It's actually starting to get on my nerves because I feel deep down they just dont want to accept the fact that its another boy.  My mom ALWAYS wanted me to have a girl and favors baby girls. I know her and know how exited and different she would be if he were a girl. She is still supportive etc but doesn't have the same excitement. I wanted one too very badly, but once I found out it was another boy, I realized he is actually a better fit for our family and Im exited! 

The ultrasound tech determined the baby was a boy back in Jan. so of course I trust that as they arent wrong often.  I have to admit though, with my mom and grandma saying this so often because my stomach looks this way or that way etc. (it actually looks like I swallowed a basketball, im ALL belly).

I'm starting to get nervous too and wonder, would if they are right? I have all this boy stuff and its in the back of my mind OMG would if he did pop out as a girl? I dont get any more ultrasounds after Jan :(

ummm. tell the family to back off please lol. how you carry doesn't determine gender lol.

just like folks swear up and down I'm having twins...smh. doctors would be able to hear two heartbeats, idiots.

but seriously, techs are not wrong very often. it happens, but, don't let them get to you!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If the tech says boy, it's probably a boy. It's more common to mistake a boy for a girl than a girl for a boy. Mistakes do happen, but it's rare.

Also, how you're carrying has NOTHING to do with it. Your family needs to get over themselves.
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've got a bil that thinks my DD2 is gonna show up a boy. I don;t want that since i'm all prepared for another little girl. but it would be ok. but he's also not a ultrasound technician or a psychic so i don't trust what he's saying, nor would i let your mom or grandma get the best of you. when that baby comes out, it wont matter that they wanted a girl. 
  • If you saw a penis in your ultrasound you are having a boy.  I am in a similar situation about people telling me how I am "carrying" the baby, but empirical evidence states otherwise.  I'm in the same situation as you with my MIL and the cleaning lady at the gym.  It's annoying, but whatever.
  • I'm confused as to why it matters so much. Seriously. Your family needs to get the eff over it.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• If it helps, I was told that typically ultrasound techs are never really wrong when they see a penis.  The times they are mostly incorrect about gender prediction is when they say it's a girl and it comes out a boy (sometimes it's hard to be certain if there is a penis present if the baby is in an incorrect position.) 

I really wanted a girl initially with my first child, and I refused to admit it was a boy!  When he came out, he definitely was all boy!

• imageMufflerlove:
    My mom keeps insisting I am going to have twins. I keep telling her I've had 5 ultrasounds.. If there were two babies in there someone would have noticed. Sometimes I wonder if two could pop out. But I know it's just one lol

this is my mom! haha

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • M0ONM0ON member

I am endlessly baffled at family members having even the slightest preference for one sex over the other. The human race needs both, it took both to make the baby, so... who cares which it is?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Liz4444Liz4444 member
    Based on every old wives tale in the book, my daughter should be a boy and this baby should be a boy, but it's 2 girls. There's a reason doctors do actual tests and don't just base everything on old wives tales. Tell your family to get over it and get excited for a little boy.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"