April 2013 Moms

Gassy baby help??

Hey ladies

Liam is almost 7 weeks old now, and at least twice a day he has terrible fits from gas. We know that's what it is bc he toots as he pulls his legs up and sighs once he gets a few out. Today has been like that almost half the day! We've tried all the tricks we can think of: burping after every ounce, keeping air out of the nipple, mylicon drops, bicycle kicks with his legs, changing formulas... the only formula we haven't tried is soy.

His pediatrician said he doesn't typically prescribe medication for gas, especially at this age. I know this is the FTM in me, but i feel so helpless at this point! watching him wretch in pain is killing me, does anyone have any suggestions or advice for us? He has his 2 month check up next week but his doc didn't think it was an issue at his 1 month. TIA!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

Re: Gassy baby help??

• Have you tried gripe water?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemonica93555:
    Have you tried gripe water?

this or mylicon  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • I personally have not used it, but there is this little gadget.

https://www.amazon.com/The-Windi-Colic-Reliever-Babies/dp/B00687Q25Q

sorry it's not clicky, I'm on my mac. 

• If you are bottle feeding you might try the Dr. Brown's bottle that has the tube in it. The tube vents the air at the bottom of the bottle instead of releasing bubbles back in to the formula. It has helped my little guy.
  • We just switched to dr browns and I agree they have made a huge difference in the gas department
    Together happily for 7 years, Married March 2012--Buckle up! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Dr Browns bottles are great!

• Mommys bliss gripe water has worked well for our little one!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have this problem too and my pedi wasn't concerned nor gave it a second thought : when I asked what to do she told me done babies were just gassy :. She told me to gently push my LO's legs into her stomach and then pull them straight out to stretch and continue a few times. I have noticed that my LO pushes so hard to fart, yet when I change her diaper she farts a lot.. Maybe the looseness of the diaper. So I always try to give extra time without a diaper when changing my LO and do tummy exercises then. Good luck! If you find something that helps please let me know :
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thank you so much for your ideas!! We got a dr browns bottle and it has changed all our lives ;) He loves the gripe water too!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"