3rd Trimester

Ugh. I have a nasty cold and I'm miserable.

I will admit, I'm one of those lucky ones who has relatively easy pregnancies I.e. only 2 weeks of morning sickness and have never even  vomited, only had lack of appetite and queasiness in the AM.  I don't get swelling or heartburn either. But I've been sick twice this pg, once with the flu and now I have a bad cold. And seasonal allergies on top of that! I'm so miserable. Between congestion and my big belly I had a hard time sleeping last night. Today I just feel like crying. And I'm ready it meet my baby boy. Anyone else dealt with colds/viruses while pg?  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Ugh. I have a nasty cold and I'm miserable.

• Sorry you have to deal with that - and with a 4 yr old on top of everything!  Hope you feel better soon.
  • I'm dealing with a bad cold and allergies plus I'm 4 days overdue now. Midwife told me regular doses of Claritin and lots of fluids. Hot showers also help clear my sinuses. Still going through half a box of Kleenex a day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • skioskio member
    Yeah. I had a terrible cold last week. On my worst days, H got his wisdom teeth pulled and was rendered useless. So I had to take care of him and our two year old while feeling like total crap at 34 weeks pregnant. Fun.

LOTS of warm liquids with honey, and I swear the neti pot is the best thing ever for congestion. Saline nasal drops are safe, too. I took a Benadryl before bed as per my OB and it helped me sleep. Feel better!
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Also get some breathe right strips! They will definitely help you sleep!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jlpevjlpev member
    I had a terrible cold this winter. I tried the nasal strips and those are awesome. Occasionally I took a benadryl at night and sudafed during the day and tylenol for any achy feelings if I felt really bad.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm in the same boat.  First two babies were easy peasy, zero complications, zero complains, no morning sickness. This baby decided to repay me for having it so easy before.  2 colds, the stomach bug and all kinds of fun complications.  I have a grody cold now too : (
  • I cursed myself and woke up sick today... 39 wks with a head cold...ugh!!!
  • A nose spray like Afrin or Dristan is magic for congestion and safe for baby. Antihistamines like Claritin or Zyrtec are also safe for pregnancy and breastfeeding (avoid the D formulas).

Stop suffering and take some medicine. 

• I had 2 horrible colds over this pregnancy and went to my doc for one bc I was so miserable. He recommended lots of fluids, Claritin and throat spray for pain. Tylenol didn't work, so I just sat in bed with a humidifier. You are more likely to get sick while pregnant and it is so annoying. Hope you feel better!
    Pregnancy Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just got over my cold/cough...it took over a month to clear up!  AWFUL, I know how you feel and I'm sorry.  I was taking Sudafed and Robitussin...and having heartburn on top of all that.  I have been one miserable preg lady for the last month or so!  I also got the flu at 17 weeks and it took me over 2 months to get over those symptoms.  I can't seem to shake anything, and I'm guessing it has to do with  my 3 year old bringing daycare germs home to me :)  I had such a great pregnancy with my DD, and now with DS, I can't seem to fight anything.  I feel for you and hope you get better.  Lots of water and run your humidifier all night long if you can!  It helped me.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"