March 2013 Moms
Options

Brushing Gums?

I was looking through Jack's hygiene kit that we got at the baby shower and I noticed there was a toothbrush, gum brush, and gum massager. I had no idea you were suppose to brush a babies gums.  When does this start? He was 10 weeks on Friday. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Brushing Gums?

• Options
    Chame90Chame90 member
    Don't quote me on this but if i remember right it is for when they start teething because it can help alleviate some of the pain, but I'm not completely positive. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    once they start eating food you should.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    AnneleaAnnelea member
    The nurse at the hospital told us to use a wet washcloth and  wipe over his gums every time we give him a bath, as far  as the gum brush we have one too and I`m not sure when to start using it  either.
  • Options
    smfdjosmfdjo member
    Just looked based on this post and we have one in that kit too.  lol.  I just ran it under water and put it in his mouth.  I think I will stick to the wash cloth.
  • Options
    I work in a HeadStart program and we have to follow dental regulations (I think they are set by the federal government since they are the ones that fund the program). Starting at 6 weeks the babies have their gums wiped with wet gauze once a day. Once they start getting teeth we use a modified toothbrush (not as many bristles) and start "brushing" their teeth. Then they get toothpaste at 2 years old.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"