July 2013 Moms

NYC - NBR

Alright ladies, I'm in NYC for work (yuck) and it doesn't seem like anyone here is going to offer to "go to dinner" with me.  My team is all OOTers who have to make trains etc., so I'm not surprised.

However, I AM NOT going to order room service, I'm close to 50th & 3rd where I'm staying... what is there to eat, that's good, not too pricey (I'm in finance remember, I have to be a tight a*s) and serves decent portions (I don't want to have to scrounge for food in the hotel later)

Better yet I can get pretty much anything delivered to the hotel right?  I mean really.

So tell me, where should I go, what should I have or where should I order in from?

I like pretty much anything.  No seafood is pretty much my only requirement.  I'll try anything once.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: NYC - NBR

• There's a Dos Caminos near you, I think. It's pretty decent Mexican, and they have a couple of good non alcoholic cocktails on their menu.

You're in kind of a tough area for dinner, since it's not very residential. If you get bored and feel like exploring, take the subway down to The lower East side, there are a lot of little restaurants and cafes. It'd be about 15 mins on the 6 train to Broadway Lafayette/bleecker street.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you ladies!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • No prob. If I wasn't all the way over in Brooklyn (and still working), I'd come meet you for pregnant lady dinner Wink
  • I second dos caminos... Yum. Get the street corn for sure.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks Ladies I orderd dos caminos!! I'm so excited.

Oh how sad, pregnant lady dinner sounds like fun!

• Hope it's good! Now I want Mexican food...
  • dliz87dliz87 member
    If I read this earlier I would have met you for dinner! I work right over there! Enjoy your dos caminos. Tina's Cuban Cuisine is also delicious should you want something for lunch. Omar's is amazing Meditteranean food!
  • imagedliz87:
    If I read this earlier I would have met you for dinner! I work right over there! Enjoy your dos caminos. Tina's Cuban Cuisine is also delicious should you want something for lunch. Omar's is amazing Meditteranean food!

Oh bummer!  I'm telling you thank goodness for that seamless deal, because I hate eating in a restaurant alone. 

• I work over there too but am back home in Brooklyn now. Enjoy the Mexican! 
    Trying for #2 since November 2015

DS #1 - 7/25/13

• imagedliz87:

Do you live in Manhattan? I'll be on the ues starting in June. We should have a playdate later!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would go onto Yelp and look on there.  If you want a short walk  go 1 block west to Lexington Ave, there are a LOT of restaurants.  If you really wanna go for a long walk head due west to Rock Center there are a lot of restaurants around there on 5th, and 6th Aves. Easet of you there should be stuff on 2nd and 1st ave.  That whole area is pretty nice, but I wouldn't go past 6th ave since you will be at the tail end of Time's Square and that is ALWAYS packed.

Edit: D'oh! I didn't realize you already got something...well if you are in town for a few days then take my advice lol 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Liz4444Liz4444 member
    I used to order on seamless web pretty much every night! Www.menupages.com is also great.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• imageeggymaye:

I would go onto Yelp and look on there.  If you want a short walk  go 1 block west to Lexington Ave, there are a LOT of restaurants.  If you really wanna go for a long walk head due west to Rock Center there are a lot of restaurants around there on 5th, and 6th Aves. Easet of you there should be stuff on 2nd and 1st ave.  That whole area is pretty nice, but I wouldn't go past 6th ave since you will be at the tail end of Time's Square and that is ALWAYS packed.

Edit: D'oh! I didn't realize you already got something...well if you are in town for a few days then take my advice lol 

Well I appreciate it... I'm here till Thursday, and I love trying new things!  Thank you!

• Liz4444Liz4444 member
    Try P J Clarke's on 3rd and 55th.  They have great burgers and you can sit at the bar and eat.  It gets busy after work, it's fun!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Thanks Liz!

• Jump in a taxi and go over to the Eatery---I think it's 59th  and 9th. Solid upscale comfort food.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemaryoosa:
    Jump in a taxi and go over to the EateryI think it's 59thnbsp; and 9th. Solid upscale comfort food.

Oh man The Eatery is AWESOME.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • EMF70EMF70 member

Eatery is great. I also like Five Napkin Burger. They have a diverse menu and decent bar. I also like Plataforma. It's a Brazillian steak house with a great salad bar for vegans. It's great for groups of people. 

• EMF70EMF70 member

Sushi Samba is also a fun place. While you can't have the sushi, the non-fish dishes are good.  Rosa Mexicana is another great Mexican place.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"