Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Bottle advice, please!

Please recommend your bottle or bottles you have tried and hated. Thanks in advance.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bottle advice, please!

• tig594tig594 member
    I have the following:Playtex ventair-ok but takes forever for DD to drink it with a level 1 nipple.Dr. Browns-love them hut DD drinks from them too fast with a level 1 nipple.98 cent Walmart bottles-have worked great with level 1 nipple. They have been our happy medium.
  • I get the Doctor Brown's bottles with the level 1 nipple since I am breastfeeding too. I had Nuk but the flow is too fast and I do not like that you have to buy Nuk brands to fit Nuk bottles... which is why I didn't get Avent either.

Although the Doctor Brown's says it reduces gas, I still burp after every ounce.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagetig594:
    I have the following:Playtex ventair-ok but takes forever for DD to drink it with a level 1 nipple.Dr. Browns-love them hut DD drinks from them too fast with a level 1 nipple.98 cent Walmart bottles-have worked great with level 1 nipple. They have been our happy medium.

Dr. Brown's sells a "preemie" nipple. We have Dr. Brown's bottles, too, and after doing some reading, I picked up some preemie nipples at BRU because it's a slower flow which is a little closer to breastfeeding.

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • We use Platex nursers with the disposable drop ins. We started with Advent bottles but found they caused our son to be gassy and he finished them too quickly, resulting in excess spitting up, even with the slow flow nipples. We have had good results with the Platex.
  • Def. Dr browns with preemie nipples
  • JenniD2JenniD2 member
    We use both the Playtex Nurser Drop ins and the VentAir bottles. Both work really good for DS. We tried using Tommee Tippie, but the nipple flow was too fast for DS and he tended to be real gassy with them despite double burping.
  • We've only used the Tommee Tippee anti-colic bottles because she took to them so well! I like how wide the nipple is because she can latch to it like she does when BFding
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Also love Dr Browns

• Honestly, majority of the time we just use the bottles that came with my Ameda pump with a variety of brands of standard nipples and a variety of flow levels.

To strengthen ds's mouth muscles we use slow flow or Nuby variable flow nipples to start with since he has to suck harder and he's more motivated in the beginning of a feed and then switch to the faster flowing/easier to suck nipples so he can get the nutrition.  We don't do this at the bedtime/nighttime feeds for obvious reasons.

I loved the Playtex nursers with the drop ins for my older two but this lo has too much difficulty latching on to those so we use them only when we have to.

I also have 3 Walmart cheapies that work great for bringing the day's feedings of breastmilk to daycare or for making 6 oz of formula for two 3oz servings.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • jglenn4jglenn4 member
    Tommee Tippee and Born Free.  I liked the Dr. Brown's but the level 1 nipple flow was too fast for DD.  
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Playtex Ventairs. DD does not take them well.

Avent Naturals have worked great.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"