Pre-School and Daycare

Bed Wetting??

My DS will be 4 at the end of June. He rarely has an accident during the day, but goes in spurts of accidents at night. It gets so frustrating!  We have cut back on fluids and made sure that he goes pee before bed. Anyone have any other suggestions? I have heard that possibly having him see a chiropractor may help.  Does anyone have experience with this?  

Thank you so much! ~~Tired of waking up to deal with pee~~ 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker photo Lil-gobblers_zps83205d35.jpg image image image image

Re: Bed Wetting??

• He may just not be ready to wear underwear at night. Every child is different. My DD will be 4 in a couple if weeks and has been wearing undies to bed for over a month without any accidents. Prior to that, she wore Pull Ups to bed and woke up dry every day for like 2 months. My best friend's DD is 5.5 years old and still wakes up with a soaked Pull Up most mornings.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • rsd12rsd12 member
    imageMrs.Greg:
    He may just not be ready to wear underwear at night. Every child is different. My DD will be 4 in a couple if weeks and has been wearing undies to bed for over a month without any accidents. Prior to that, she wore Pull Ups to bed and woke up dry every day for like 2 months. My best friend's DD is 5.5 years old and still wakes up with a soaked Pull Up most mornings.

What she said. My 5 yr old is not ready. Poor kid, and he really wants to wake up dry. While my 3 yr old has woken up dry since he was two. My oldest started right after turning 4.

Oh and the oldest and youngest drink water before bed and still wake up dry.
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Loading the player...
  • Chiropractor might be helpful. We take our kids to one for another reason but I remember telling the chiro about my DD having issues where she felt wet but wasn't and was constantly running to the bathroom to check. It was so frustrating because se wanted to change her underpants literally 5 times a day. I can't remember what caused it but I know it was related to a sublaxation that gave her that sensation, an adjustment helped every time! I have heard great things about a chiro helping with bed wetting.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My 4.5 y/o DS desperately wants to wake up dry (his almost 3 year old sister is dry at least half of the time), but they both sleep in overnight diapers and I think he has woken up dry 1x ever.  Poor kiddo.  From what I understand, there is no speeding the process along.  He doesn't have anything to drink before bed, so it is just waiting for his body to be ready. 
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Put him in a pull up at night.

Night time dryness isn't something they can control. He'll either start waking up dry in the morning or waking up to pee at night when he's ready.

DD1 started waking up dry consistently at 6 years. She was potty trained during the day at 2.5 years.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • My son is almost 5 and just stopped wearing pull ups around Christmas. We take him pee before we go to bed. Everynight. It only takes 2 minutes and is usually worth it, but he still wets the bed 2-3 times a month. Poor kid :( He just doesn't have the ability to hold it all night right now. I realize that he is a kid that will be later to go all night.

Do you take him pee? It's worth the 2 minutes!

Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My pedi said night-wetting is not considered 'abnormal' until a child is around 10 years old.  So your child is VERY much in the norm for still wetting at night.  My youngest did that until she was about 5 1/2, now we're pretty much done w/accidents but it wouldn't surprise me if we had more.  I wet the bed until I was at least 7-8.  This is a developmental milestone you can't control- double sheet the bed w/waterproof liners in between so it's easy to deal with at night. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"