Breastfeeding

~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~

~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~

Welcome! This is a check-in for moms who are/were on a dairy free and/or soy free diet due to their LO's intolerance. The check-ins will be posted every Monday morning on the Breastfeeding board and XP'd to the Food Allergy board. If you'd like to join the group, just post an intro here and dive in!

To check out the archive of our previous check-ins, please see the MSPI Moms Blog.

QOTW: How was your Mother's Day? :)

Re: ~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~

• On the MSPI front, pretty awesome: DH made me a chocolate cake! That I can eat! I know you all will understand how thoughtful and exciting that is. :)

Hope you all had a great Mother's Day!

• TJ1979TJ1979 member
    imagerocknrollfriend:

On the MSPI front, pretty awesome: DH made me a chocolate cake! That I can eat! I know you all will understand how thoughtful and exciting that is. :)

Hope you all had a great Mother's Day!

Very sweet!  I got waffles that MH made with coconut milk.  I was so proud of him!

TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • It was ok. We were at the inlaws for dinner and MIL wanted to have a salad bar for dinner. So my dinner was lettuce, cucumbers, and bacon, because everything else was dairy/soy/eggcontaining. That was lame. So I went home and ate pasta.

Oh, the good side of the day is that my dh and I made bread and cookies together, that was fun.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It was pretty good.  Started out with breakfast at a restaurant because that's what my mom wanted to do.  I of course could barely have anything on the menu, so I was stuck eating gluten free pancakes.  But the second half of the day was nice  because I got a nap, while DH folded heaps of laundry.  He also gave me a gift card for a massage and a seaweed body wrap, so I'm excited for that!
  • Mine was great but pretty crazy on the MSPI front. We were out of town and staying on a hotel for a family wedding all weekend. I knew that food was going to be a challenge for the whole weekend and at the suggestion of our dr we decided to try me eating soy and see how DD tolerates it. I was off work for 4 days and I could monitor how she was doing. While it did make my weekend a bit easier, I feel like I came out of it with no idea how DD tolerates soy because she was also OT all weekend due to long flights, being up later and having naps inturrupted. Overall I'm thinking she was ok with the soy, but she hasn't pooped since Saturday, and that is normally the most clear sign, so we shall see. I guess I may keep it up this week and see how she does.

Anyone have suggestions about reintroducing soy and how LO tolerated? DD is 4 months if that helps.

Married to DH 10.29.11

DD born 1.26.13
    DS born 6.12.14
    #3 due 12.6.16

• My Mothers Day was ok. It was my first real MD so I guess I expected DH to care a little more but oh well. I had to get up three hours earilier than normal to start a pork shoulder for my family so that was no fun, then I made my own breakfast and cleaned the house while DD slept. Then we went to the park and met my side of the family for a picnic which was nice. When we got home it was 90 degrees and I didnt feel like cooking so I ordered thai take out which I was uber excited about. So far LO seems ok, a tad fussy today but shes also teething so its hard to tell. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemattanda2011:
    Anyone have suggestions about reintroducing soy and how LO tolerated? DD is 4 months if that helps.

4 months seems a little young to start re introducing but if your doc is on board then thats good. We started re introducing soy with hidden soy first. Soy lecithin baked in breads then soy oil in a dressing, then soy flour in waffles. Just yesterday I had thai food which usually has soy sauce in it of some sort and LO seems to be ok. Kind of fussy but shes also teething. No rash, loose stool or gas.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH made me breakfast in bed, and let me sleep in!  So wonderful.  Eggs, bacon, strawberries, and one of my favorite fruit smoothies.

Also, realized that reese's puffs cereal doesn't have any dairy/soy... needless to say, it's been my go-to unhealthy sugary snack as of late.  Need to get back to baking!

DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • Hello, I am new here. My DS2 appears to be allergic to dairy and soy, and we have an allergist appointment next Monday to try and confirm / get educated. DS2 isn't terribly excited about Alimentum so I'm trying to clean up my diet.

My Mother's Day was very nice. DH made me a breakfast sandwich using safe toast, sausage, cheese, and a fried egg. It was marvelous. We also had dinner with all our parents... I had shish kabobs and corn. Missed out on the potato salad and cupcakes, but I didn't mind too much.

We love our little guys!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Welcome and good luck at the allergist appt!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"