Parenting

baby carrier rec please

Hi ladies! I am looking for a sling/carrier of some kind for DS#2. With the warmer weather, we have been out and about, and it would be so much easier not to have the stroller at the park, zoo, aquarium, etc. My DS is 12.5lbs, with pretty good head control, but obviously still needs support (he's 7 weeks). I have a knock off bjorn type carrier but it isn't doing the trick. I tried this carrier https://www.amazon.com/Infantino-Sash-Carrier-Black-Gray/dp/B005C9ODQ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368470574&sr=8-1&keywords=mei+tai

but ended up returning it because he cried every time I tried it.

Any suggestions? Something easy to put on and off would be great! TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: baby carrier rec please

• When DS was little he and I loved the Moby wrap, but it might be too hot for the park. I think there are other brands in linen and breathable fabric, but you can also make one on the cheap with fabric from the remnants bin at JoAnns like I did. since it is stretchy it only lasts up to 15 pounds or so, but it was worth it IMO!

• I love love love my Lillebaby Nordic.  It is easy to use, versatile (there are 6 different carries you can do including hip and back), the weight limit is pretty high (I want to say 35 lbs or more), it is super comfortable to wear even for long periods, and it is cheaper than the baby Bjorn.  I use it all the time at the grocery store and at the park and DS2 loves it.

image image
  • Loading the player...
  • EVA116EVA116 member
    Thinking about this keeps me up at night. I never carried DD but want to carry DS. So do most of these carriers go from newborn to toddler? He will be born in July so I know I need something light....there are just too many options.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • EVA116EVA116 member
    imageMom2Oli:

imageEVA116:
    Thinking about this keeps me up at night. I never carried DD but want to carry DS. So do most of these carriers go from newborn to toddler? He will be born in July so I know I need something light....there are just too many options.

The Ergo has a newborn insert to help with their lolling heads.

Did you order off their site?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageEVA116:

The Lillebaby Nordic can be used with an infant or a toddler with no special inserts or anything. DS2 is almost 10 weeks and I front carry facing in with legs in for now.

image image
  • I loved my K'Tan when DS was a newborn. Now that he's 9 months old and 21 pounds, it's not really the most ideal contraption. I'll be buying an Ergo. So, I'd recommend just buying an Ergo from the start.

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Another vote for the Ergo. Your DS might be getting too big for the infant insert, but you could always roll up a receiving blanket to put under his bottom if he needs a little more support.

The Ergo is way easier on my back than the Bjorn was, and can carry a lot more weight. Plus, you can do back carry as well as front once he is older.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• If I ever get a chance to do it all over again, I'm going with a mei tai. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • We started using an Ergo when A was 4 months and about 14 lbs. I can still comfortably wear him at 27 months and 30 lbs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"