Breastfeeding

Milk Protein Intolerance

For those of you who BF a little one that was diagnosed with a milk protein intolerance, when did you start introducing dairy back into your diet?

My Pedi recommended to start introducing it slowly when my LO was 6 months, so I did a few times, and LO still had issues.  He is now 8 months and I have been introducing it slowly again, and he doesn't seem to be cranky/spitting up/rash/or any blood in his stool from it.  

I'm wondering if he is already over it completely?  Is there anyone else who had a LO get over their intolerance quickly like this?  

The only difference I've noticed is that he is a bit more constipated lately, but that began before I was introducing dairy back into my diet again... 

Re: Milk Protein Intolerance

• DS is 13 months and I haven't been able to reintroduce dairy yet. I know some moms are able to at 7-9 months though.
  • TJ1979TJ1979 member
    DC slipped and fed LO some hidden dairy at 9 months, and she didn't seem to have any issues.  I'm still hesitant to try obvious dairy.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • My ped suggested trying at six months, but also said she may not start growing out of it until nine months. I can feed her a small amount of yogurt with no issue, but when I try to consume dairy we end up with lots of sour diapers. I sure hope she can consume it soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"