April 2013 Moms

MONDAY MADNESS

I'm thinking Monday Madness needs to become a weekly topic of conversation because it seems I always have something happen on Mondays that makes me so MAD!

I am so sick of people walking up to my stroller, opening the carseat canopy's and touching my babies! Urghhhh!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: MONDAY MADNESS

• I went out to lunch with a friend last week and brought DD in her carseat. On the walk out, I held the door for two old ladies behind me (while holding the carseat in the other hand). Instead of thanking me, they looked at DD judgementally and said "Oh, watch out for the sun on her!!" Uh yeah, the car's like 50 feet away, I'm sure she'll be fine.  I try not to jump to conclusions, but I have a half sleeve tattoo on my arm, and I often catch older people staring at it and giving me dirty looks. My tattoo doesn't affect my ability to parent. Meh.

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

BFP #1: 5/10/12; 5/22/12: pregnancy deemed not viable (probably CP)
    BFP #2: 8/2/12; Due date: 4/14/13, DD born 4/5/2013
    BFP #3: 11/2/14, Due date: 7/7/15
  • Ugh that makes me mad too! I don't get why people think its ok to touch other people's children without permission. I want to tell them to keep their hands to themselves but haven't figured out how yet.

My vent is that both FIL and my own mom were being completely obnoxious yesterday. For some reason, FIL felt the need to lecture DH on not forgetting HIS mom for Mothers Day. This ticked me off a bit because we would not forget her in the first place. Then my mom started putting rude comments on Facebook because I had not called her to wish her Happy Mothers Day by 1PM. LO is two weeks old and having a bad day, and it's not like I can drop everything when she was crying all day long. So, that sort of set me over the edge... I turned into the selfish person she was implying I was and did not call. I'm not even sorry. I'm so tired of people trying to cause drama where there should not be any.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagefireflyz56:
    Ugh that makes me mad too! I don't get why people think its ok to touch other people's children without permission. I want to tell them to keep their hands to themselves but haven't figured out how yet. My vent is that both FIL and my own mom were being completely obnoxious yesterday. For some reason, FIL felt the need to lecture DH on not forgetting HIS mom for Mothers Day. This ticked me off a bit because we would not forget her in the first place. Then my mom started putting rude comments on Facebook because I had not called her to wish her Happy Mothers Day by 1PM. LO is two weeks old and having a bad day, and it's not like I can drop everything when she was crying all day long. So, that sort of set me over the edge... I turned into the selfish person she was implying I was and did not call. I'm not even sorry. I'm so tired of people trying to cause drama where there should not be any.

maybe you should have put rude comments on FB how SHE hadn't called YOU yet to wish a happy Mother's Day. Lol :)

happy Mother's Day! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It makes me mad when I tell people to wash their hands before touching my baby & they get pissy or act offended.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageMandmeesh:

imagefireflyz56:
    Ugh that makes me mad too! I don't get why people think its ok to touch other people's children without permission. I want to tell them to keep their hands to themselves but haven't figured out how yet. My vent is that both FIL and my own mom were being completely obnoxious yesterday. For some reason, FIL felt the need to lecture DH on not forgetting HIS mom for Mothers Day. This ticked me off a bit because we would not forget her in the first place. Then my mom started putting rude comments on Facebook because I had not called her to wish her Happy Mothers Day by 1PM. LO is two weeks old and having a bad day, and it's not like I can drop everything when she was crying all day long. So, that sort of set me over the edge... I turned into the selfish person she was implying I was and did not call. I'm not even sorry. I'm so tired of people trying to cause drama where there should not be any.

maybe you should have put rude comments on FB how SHE hadn't called YOU yet to wish a happy Mother's Day. Lol :)

happy Mother's Day! 

exactly! My mom did the same thing & I reminded her this was my first Mother's Day & she goes "oh yeah" 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageMandmeesh:

imagefireflyz56:

happy Mother's Day! 

Lol! Yeah that would have gone over well. ;) 

• jkkg317jkkg317 member
    Bah I had a very unfortunate mothers day yesterday and I felt bad for making H feel bad when he had really tried to make it work, it just all fell through. So on FB I thanked him for a wonderful day to make him feel better about me being disappointed. His mom guilt trips him in the comments about not having written on her wall or emailed her to skype or anything. I was kind of annoyed that my attempt to not make him feel like shiz still back fired and made him feel like shiz.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"