February 2013 Moms

How Was Your Mother's Day?

I want to hear how everyone's went since it was the first for a lot of us!

For me, it was great!  DH got up with LO at 7 so I could sleep in and gave him his first feeding of the day from milk I'd pumped Saturday - I didn't even know they were gone until I woke up at 9!  9!!!!

DH also made me breakfast of eggs, bacon, and Cinnabon cinnamon rolls he had driven two towns over to get for me Saturday night.  LO was ready for his morning nap by then, so DH put him to sleep and then we had a nice, quiet breakfast together.  DH pretty much took care of the baby for most of the day; I just did feedings and a little bit of hanging out with him in the afternoon.

We went to church and all of the women (moms or not) got a little gift bag of See's candy, handed out to us by all of the teenagers.  It was very sweet!  The women who teach the little ones' Sunday School also got relieved for the day by the men!  We hung out and had cookies and brownies.

I got so many texts and Facebook messages wishing me a Happy 1st Mother's Day - I was really touched that so many people thought of me.  I really only expected my family and DH to think of it.

Finally, DH took LO from me, put him in his rocking chair in the kitchen, and made dinner of fried pork chops and mashed potatoes with gravy while I relaxed and watched Big Bang Theory.  Then we took a family walk in the gorgeous evening weather.  I really couldn't have asked for much more.

Okay, your turn!!!

Re: How Was Your Mother's Day?

• Mine was good too. DH got me a personalized card and beautiful picture frame that says "First Mother's Day" on it. We went to church and had DD dedicated. I gave my mom her gift and card, and then I bought my MIL her gift and we went over to DH's Nana's house to visit with his family. She ordered pizza for us all and we had fun watching DD kick and squeal. It was a very nice day.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• I had my mother's day on saturday because sunday was crazy busy. Hubby took care of the baby and let me sleep in till 10. Then he made me breakfast in bed. "Kieran" got me a card, flowers and an amethyst necklace ;)

Sunday we went out with his mother for breakfast and later we went out to lunch with my mom and grandmother. Really nice weekend and really thankful Smile

Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine was great! Spent the day with my babies, visited my fiancs mother I cooked for my mom the night before, we all went to lunch and then enjoyed a quiet night once the babies went to sleep. My SO cooked dinner prosciutto wrapped cantaloupe, a shrimp arugula salad, veal with mushroom pancetta risotto and chocolate cinnamon creme brle. He obviously likes to cook lol. Made myself a caramel apple martini too haha. He got me a beautiful necklace with diamonds and the babies birth stone and matching earrings. I was very impressed and totally happy.
  • I had to drive four hours to attend a niece's church dedication early in the morning.  So, not only was there no breakfast in bed for me, I actually had to wake up way earlier than I usually do.  We had the option to dedicate our baby on Mother's Day and we decided to wait a few months just so we didn't have to force our relatives to spend their Mother's Day driving to us - then someone else chose to do it for us.  lol

All I ever want for Mother's Day is to sleep in and have someone else make me food.  DH said I can do it next weekend.

DH was wonderful and made dinner for me.  He also had the kids make cards and get me flowers, so that part was really nice.

• Mine was good. DH made me breakfast AND did the dishes, held and fed DS all day long and got me roses, chocolate-covered strawberries and a very sweet card. We went to ToysRus in the afternoon and bought DS a few things. We went to his parents for dinner and I got a charm for my Pandora bracelet from his Mom and Sister. It was a good day all around. I got some great sleep last night too! DS slept from 8pm-6am!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine was not so good. DH tried to make breakfast, but managed to mess up cinnamon rolls from the tube, which I had purchased. No big deal. But he didn't bother with a card/gift/flowers or even a hug for my first Mother's Day. I really didn't expect much, but nothing? When I brought it up late in the day, he said he "didn't have time" and guess your Mother's Day will just suck. Then he said if it makes me feel better I don't have to do anything for Fathers Day. Which isn't really fair, because he doesn't care anyway. DS also slept horrible and had a meltdown and screamed the whole time we were at the winery picnic I planned out. He turned 3 months yesterday and has been an extremely fussy baby. I'd been looking forward to the 3 month mark hoping to see SOME improvement but no luck. Overall I'm very tired and disappointed, but life goes on I guess.

I should say my mom and brother both got me nice cards and my niece drew me a very sweet flower.

I like cookies.

• It was okay. FI woke up with kids and made me breakfast. Kenzie made me a card which was very sweet. Then he left for work and left all the dishes for me! Then it turned into a normal day I took care of the kids, laundry, dishes, and all the other cleaning. 

Then we he got off work we went to the Inlaws house for desert. My MIL gave me and my SIL hanging flower baskets. Then we went home and FI played video games with his brother which really hurt my feelings. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My husband came off his overnight shift at 7:30 in the morning and gave me a nice card where he told me how he notices how hard it is to juggle 4 kids and daily life and that I do an amazing job at it.....it made me feel great to know that he knows how hard it is! He also gave me a big flowering plant to hang....it was really nice. On the down side he was mandated to work the afternoon shift, so instead of leaving here at his normal 10:30 pm he had to leave at 4:30 pm. So I was alone with the kids for dinner and the rest of the night.  I was a little bummed, but it worked out ok. I also had a long phone call with my own mother and it made the day even more special....I love my mom! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." - Dr. Seuss
                         Mom to 3 wonderful boys( 6, 4, 20 months), and one little lady ( born 2/17).
  • Mine was okay.  DH worked the overnight on Saturday night to Sunday am.  When he got home, 6yr old DD woke up and they made me breakfast in bed.  DD made me a card at school.  E slept until 7am, I fed him, ate breakfast then the three of us went back to bed.  DD played quietly... for about 15 minutes.  Then she came in to "wake me up" with her icy cold fingers, so I got to sleep in for 15 minutes.

We went to Church where they gave all the mom's roses, but that was it.  DH didn't get me a card, or flowers, or anything.  Sad  I didn't really expect anything else, but it would have been nice.  Oh well.  I called both of our mothers and I made a really cute card for both of them with a picture of the grandies.

Guess I should just accept that my DH will never be romantic about anything.

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Rushed to get showered and dressed before in-laws came over. We weren't expecting them since we had called the day before and they didn't answer. They ended up calling at 10am wanting to head right over. We told them to give us 30 minutes to get ready.

In laws brought late baby shower gifts from DH's Uncle and cousin out of state. They stayed for about 40 minutes because they had groceries in the car and we had plans to leave in about 20 minutes.

Drove out to the "rural" neighborhood where my aunt lives and had brunch with my grandpa (first time he met DD) step gran and grandma. It was good but my family (especially step-gran) is... interesting...

Was expecting my mom and sis over at my place after. Surprise! My mom was too tired to come. I cried. My mom didn't come to my graduation, my wedding didn't come to my baby shower (gave me a hard time for not letting her come to DD's home birth) and now misses my first mother's day. Also she hasn't been to see DD since she was three weeks old. I don't go over there because she smokes in the house.

My sister still came over but she is over almost every day to give my elderly cat a dose of waters for her renal failure, so that is nothing special.

DH and I tried to dtd but DD woke up and it didn't happen.

My mother's day could have been better. There were parts of it I liked. The best part was the flowers my grandpa got me and the card my 5 year old cousins made me. And I let my girl cousin hold DD (in the middle of the bed with the help of a pillow). DD loved talking to her when she was getting a diaper change but being held by her was a different story and she only tolerated about 90 seconds of it.

• I had sort of a weekend of events, and I loved it. Saturday my best friend came up from MA. We left DH with DS at 4:30 and we went out and got tattoos (random, but we each have several, so it's sort of our thing. I got DS's name on my ribs.) After we went out to dinner where we split a bottle of red and ate hot food, which I haven't done in forever. When I got home there was a sweet card from DH and a huge bottle of red wine on the kitchen table.

DH did the MOTN feeding, then stayed with him again when my friend and I went out to breakfast the next day. She left, and DH and I got in our pjs and just hung out with DS the rest of the day. He treated us to a 2 hour nap, which never happens! DS did most of the baby care, including putting DS to bed, which has been a project and a half lately.  Then we snuggled on the couch and rented the last Twighlight movie. I couldn't have planned a better day/s myself. I better come with it for Father's Day!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"