February 2012 Moms

Sooooooo how was it???

My first mother's day sucked. Mister didn't understand the concept of "My Day". I still had PPD and Timothy was a typical colicky 2.5 month old. It was a rough day with lots of tears even though I was excited to celebrate the day.

But this year was FABULOUS. I didn't change a SINGLE diaper all day. And my Kid pooped 3 times (which is alot). My little boy was so good all day and DH did WHATEVER I told him to do!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sooooooo how was it???

• It was awesome! Slept in, took a run, drank coffee on the deck and went to lunch with our family, my parents, and my best friend's whole family. H and Austin got me flowers, a necklace and a gift certificate for a message. I'm a lucky girl!
    BFP 2/14/11 MC 2/28/11 BFP #2- 6/12/11- Austin born 2/22/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My mother's day was lovely... We had all kinds of togetherness time, which was all I wanted.  Beautiful. :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • MollySmMollySm member
    We spent the day together at the zoo and had an amazing time! Then dinner at Gramma's.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• DH let me sleep in and later I took a nap. He and Connor got me a card. I know it sounds simple, but last year they did nothing so this was an improvement and I appreciated it.

Our nanny is an angel. She and Connor made a paving stone for the yard with Connor's hand and foot prints, she helped him color a picture for me, and since her dad is a photographer, she had him do a photo schoot of Connor and gave me a framed print and digital copies of the other 200 pictures they took! I'm so thankful for her.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lancyjolancyjo member

Mine was good! Smile

Hubs woke me up with cinnamon rolls and a beautiful mother's necklace. Aria slept in an extra hour! We went to church and then lunch at my Mamaw's. After that, we came home and put Aria down for a nap, and hubs left to go golfing. Aria took a 4 hour nap, and so did I! It was glorious to get to take a nap alone! 

Aria was such a doll all day, happy and smiley, and she gave tons of kisses. Hubs was great too... even down to going golfing. All I wanted was to take a nap in peace, and I got it! Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • I will hold back the snark on this one - but it is there!

Mother's Day was a typical Sunday at my house - church, groceries and lunch out with DH and LO.  The only difference is that I got some cards (Allison "signed" hers) and we went to dinner with my family.

I did get to sleep in a little, but only because Allison did too.

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• lancyjolancyjo member
    imageMrMrsandBaby:

I will hold back the snark on this one - but it is there!

Oh, you stick in the mud! Lighten up and have a little fun! Stick out tongueWink

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • Overall, I had a good day with my family!

But I was pissed that I got a "Happy Mother's Day" text from my exH but Ian's dad said nothing!  I'll keep the rest of my bitterness to myself! :)

• imagelancyjo:
    imageMrMrsandBaby:

Oh, you stick in the mud! Lighten up and have a little fun! Stick out tongueWink

Not about MD in general...but about OP's way of saying "MY day" and DH doing " WHATEVER I told him to do" - ug...

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• imagelancyjo:

Mine was good! Smile

Hubs woke me up with cinnamon rolls and a beautiful mother's necklace. Aria slept in an extra hour! We went to church and then lunch at my Mamaw's. After that, we came home and put Aria down for a nap, and hubs left to go golfing. Aria took a 4 hour nap, and so did I! It was glorious to get to take a nap alone! 

Aria was such a doll all day, happy and smiley, and she gave tons of kisses. Hubs was great too... even down to going golfing. All I wanted was to take a nap in peace, and I got it! Smile

How did you convince her to take a 4 HOUR nap!  Good girl Aria!

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Mar5195Mar5195 member
    imageMrMrsandBaby:
    imagelancyjo:
    imageMrMrsandBaby:

Not about MD in general...but about OP's way of saying "MY day" and DH doing " WHATEVER I told him to do" - ug...

• Mar5195Mar5195 member
    imageMrMrsandBaby:
    imagelancyjo:
    imageMrMrsandBaby:

Look it's MY Day.  That's how it works in my family.  He will get his Day and I'll do whatever he likes.   It's not like I asked him to build a shrine in my honor.  It was more like "Can you dress the baby?", etc.   If that's not how you guys work, good for you.  But what does it matter to you?  

• slv0606slv0606 member

Mine was nice BUT my first was way better! H gave me flowers and a card and the BEST part is he wrote me poem from DS and had his handprint at the bottom of the poem, it's titled "Mommy's Hand". I asked him halfway through the day where he downloaded the poem from and he was so offended, haha! He replied downloaded? I wrote that! I then sobbed like a baby it was so heartfelt. My H is an emotional guy but not a mushy guy so I was super shocked! My MIL gave me flowers as well, my SILs gave me cards. We had brunch with my inlaws and a mini impromptu BBQ at home for dinner. I didn't get to see my mom though which kind of stunk but she is sick and I totally appreciated her not sharing with us!

And grandmas that did get their gifts from DS totally LOVED them, which made me very happy!

• I really don't want much for Mother's Day, just to acknowledge it. DH totally forgot. He slept in until 10 and didn't say anything about the day unt he heard it on tv that it was Mother's Day, that was at noon. When he realized it he told my DS to tell me happy Mother's Day and that I was the best mom ever. Very sweet but DS is at the age where he finally gets it, and I think if DH would have examined to him what the day is and the meaning behind it that DS would have been able to say those things on his own. Daisy was a sweet little snuggler all day, shes teething so i tjink she just wanted some extra love! The rest of the day was the same as it always is. I can't complain about having family time all day.
  • lancyjolancyjo member
    imageMrMrsandBaby:
    imagelancyjo:

Mine was good! Smile

How did you convince her to take a 4 HOUR nap!  Good girl Aria!

Beats me. She must have known it was a special occasion! She's a really great sleeper in general though.

212 Facebook Admin.
  • My first mother's day, we went out for brunch, but the time we went out was bad, DD cried through the whole thing, and I was a wreck when I got home.

This mother's day, DD came home with a cold on Friday, which DH and I both promptly became ill with on Mother's day... so I'm not having much luck with this mother's day thing.... Although, DH did make me a nice bath to soak in so I could breathe again.

haha

• hizah05hizah05 member
    I didn't have to change a diaper all day and I got to take a real, uninterrupted, in my bed nap!!! Considering I got 3.5 hours of sleep the night before this was the best gift ever. We did brunch too which was wonderful but I've never been more excited for a nap!

• DH got up with DD and let me sleep in an extra hour. He made me breakfast and we had a "picnic" on the living room floor (DD loved not being in her high chair). We went to lunch at a new place downtown, then came home and I lounged on the couch and watched Harry Potter while DD napped and DH cleaned. I didn't change a single diaper, clean up, or cook a meal... Just what I asked for!

BFP #1 1/11/11 M/C 2/4/11
    BFP #2 6/13/11 Baby E born 2/18/12
    BFP #3 12/3/12 C/P 12/5/12
    BFP #4 2/10/13 Baby R born 10/19/13
  • It was a lot better than I thought. DH usually fails at planning things, but he surprised me with lunch and a new Vera Bradley diaper bag!
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • I had a good Mother's Day this year.  I woke up and went to breakfast with my mom.  While I was gone, DH worked with DD on saying Happy Mama's Day- she did pretty good when I got home.  They each gave me a card- DD "signed" her name on one.  DH gave me a spa certificate.  We then had a late lunch and went shopping.  We also stopped and got my free ice cream sundae at Michael's.  Then, I did bubbles with DD in the front yard.

All in all, it was a good day!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1: 5/24/11, DD#1 Born 1/16/12
    BFP #2: 7/24/13, MC: 8/28/13 @8weeks, 3days

imageimageimage
  • I had a great Mother's Day with my mom while DH was back at home studying. We went out for brunch at an expensive resort in Santa Barbara (CA), briefly went to the beach, went back to my mom's and net structure to keep birds out of my mom's blueberry bushes, did a little shopping, and then got dessert! I couldn't have asked for a better Mother's Day, even if Nat was still my responsibility. We just had so much fun!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • All the moms got chocolate at church. We went out to lunch and literally got ripped off (manager charged our card more than he was supposed to). Then I got my haircut fixed that I had gotten the day before and the lady had done a crappy job on. DD napped and then we went to the park for a little bit and got milkshakes at Sonic. It was an ok day I guess.  I still changed all the diapers, did almost all the feeding, etc as always and DH didn't do a card or letter or anything. He did say some really sweet stuff to me while we were at the park that was Mother's Day related so that was nice. 

I don't remember how the day went last year, I'm sure it wasn't great bc of her age and how she was back then. 

• I got to sleep in and take a nap.  DH also took over all diaper and bathroom duty (with our 3.5 year old). This is what we do every year for each other :)  DH also had a card that both the kids signed.  We just hung out all day nothing else going on. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"