Dads & Dads-to-be

Need Dad opinions please

FTM here at 28 wks and FI is stressing because everyone I run into is telling me happy 1st Mother's Day. I of course thank them but know FI doesn't think its legit until after baby is here. Guess I don't care either way but he keeps wondering out loud what to do. If any of you have been or are currently in a similar situation what did you think? Thanks in advance for input. Also this will help with Father's Day coming up to know what the norm is.

photo 0828131617b_zps9ddbb9a9.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Need Dad opinions please

• One of the local radio stations this week was discussing this "issue" on their morning show. Bottom line, I think he's taking it waaaaay too seriously. Just smile, say thank you, and move on.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • PrimePrime member

Definitely taking it too seriously.

Regarding mothers day v fathers day while pregnant... I would say Mother's day is more legitimate while still pregnant than Father's Day. 

• Loading the player...
  • WulfgarWulfgar member

We celebrated mother's day two years ago since we ended up having an early June son.

At 28 weeks I would say it is up to the two of you how you would want to handle it and I would talk about Father's day and how you would want to handle that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• He's taking it too serious.  It is no big deal to say "Happy mother's day", to a pregnant woman.
  • You should try this.....

"Lighten up, Francis."

-Sgt. Hulka, Stripes

• Glad my wife didn't find out she was pregnant until the end of May last year. Avoided this whole situation. 

And my opinion: it doesn't count yet. :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagepolooo26:
    imageRockyTopVols:

Glad my wife didn't find out she was pregnant until the end of May last year. Avoided this whole situation. 

And my opinion: it doesn't count yet. :) 

My wife found out on Mother's day.

Did you have to go out and get her something that day?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"