Baby Showers
Options

Displaying ultrasound photos at shower

We just had a 4d ultrasound done and I thought it might be fun to display some of the photos at my baby shower. Is that a good idea or would you think it's tacky?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Displaying ultrasound photos at shower

• Options
    Sounds fine to me. However, I was at a bridal shower recently where they passed around a framed picture of the naked groom as a baby. I thought that was so, so, so, so, so bizarre. Don't do that;) LOL.
  • Options
    I think it's fine. I went to a baby shower where they had one of those digital photo frames that changes photos and they had photos from a maternity photo shoot and the ultra sounds photos. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have seen 4d ultrasound pictures that I think are a bit on the alien side, and tend to be a little creepy. I'm not saying that's how your pictures look or anything, but displaying medical pictures really isn't my style.
    If you love your pictures and are excited to share them, then go for it.
  • Options

imageBeckyTheEngineer:
    I have seen 4d ultrasound pictures that I think are a bit on the alien side, and tend to be a little creepy. I'm not saying that's how your pictures look or anything, but displaying medical pictures really isn't my style. If you love your pictures and are excited to share them, then go for it.

Those pictures creep me out. It is NMS, but I know plenty of people who do like that sort of thing. If it is something you really want to do, I think it is fine.  

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Options

Not tacky, but I think it's weird.  I wouldn't mind having them available if people ask, but sitting around framed seems kind of spooky to me.

DS/LO #1: Born March 2012 DS/LO #2: On his way! Due October 2013 image
  • Options
    Not tacky, just weird. I know some people like them, but those people usually ask. I do not need to see anyone's uterus photo.
    "She's the tied for the third-funniest person on this board!" -S13 Bumpies

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm maybe in the minority, but I didn't share our 20 wk ultrasound pics with anyone but my mom and dad and my MIL and only because they asked. Although this is our baby and I already think the sunshines out of his booty, I don't expect anyone else to think he is anything special, especially his ultrasound photo. Also, he is in my uterus and I about died when at a family function my mom decided to pass around the ultrasound photo I let her keep. I felt embarrass that she expected everyone to ohhhh and aww over it and that they got a look at my uterus. But, to each their own. I know I'm probably weird about the ultrasound photo thing anyway. I don't mind looking at my friends' ultrasound photos when they are pregnant. I know they are excited as well.
  • Options
    I would have them available but not on display. Also, I agree with them looking like aliens. I thought the us I got at 20 weeks baby looked like an alien!
  • Options
    I'll be honest. I love MY ultrasound pictures. They're my first chance to see my kid, and my kid is adorable, even in utero. Of course, there's a chance I may be biased about that.

I do not, in general, enjoy ultrasound pictures. Assuming a healthy child, they pretty much all look the same. Yep, even the ones of my adorable kid. Being expected to ooh and ahh over someone's ultrasound always drives me a bit crazy, especially when they have an extended series of pics. I feel I'm forced to either fake my responses or risk hurting their feelings. And I know I'm not the only one that feels that way.

At the same time, I also know people who authentically love looking at other people's ultrasound pictures. They genuinely enjoy the "and here his legs are crossed, and here he finally straightened them out, and now here we could finally see that he's a boy, and did I show you the one where he was holding his ear???"

If I were the kind of person who liked sharing ultrasound pictures, I'd try find a middle ground that would cater to both the ultrasound lovers and the ultrasound "ehh"ers. Perhaps a small album with the photos? Something where people who wanted to see them could ooh and ahh to their heart's content while those who were less inclined could easily take a quick glance or skip it all together.

Of course, at the end of the day, if you want to display them, go ahead!
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mmm50mmm50 member
    Maybe you could have them on a table at the shower, but not pass them around.  That way everyone isn't "forced" to look at them, but the people that want to can.  You could include pictures of you and DH as babies if you wanted-- I think people would like those and make it a little less weird. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I always find it a little odd when people show u/s pics to anyone except immediate family - you've told me you're pregnant, I believe you, I don't need to see your medical records.
  • Options

in my opinion, only the parents, and the grandparents are interested in seeing the ultrasound pictures.  The rest of the guests probably don't really care what the baby looks like in the ultrasound pictures.  It's like seeing someone else's vacation photos.  no one really cares to see those either.... 

September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageBeckyTheEngineer:
    I have seen 4d ultrasound pictures that I think are a bit on the alien side, and tend to be a little creepy. I'm not saying that's how your pictures look or anything, but displaying medical pictures really isn't my style.
    If you love your pictures and are excited to share them, then go for it.

This. I think US are kind of creepy, and the 3D and 4D ones even more so. It's also really oversharey. I'd sideeye someone passing ultrasound pictures around, even at a shower.

That said, you know your guests better than anyone on here would, so if you're really into it and think they would be interested, go for it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"