April 2013 Moms

Squishy stomach

How long till my skin goes back to normal size? I can tell that my uterus has shrunk considerably, and the bulk in my lower stomach area isn't all fat; there is definitely some extra saggy skin hanging out. Any idea how long it will take to shrink?

I'm desperately hoping the answer isn't never!

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016

Re: Squishy stomach

• I'm wondering the same thing especially since I have tons of stretchmarks! 3 1/2 weeks and still jiggly!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hahahahaha

Oh wait, you were serious? ;-)

Honestly, I don't remember. Eventually? At least most of the way? 

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Loading the player...
  • ugh I am in the same unfortunate, jiggly boat.  With my first I know that by the time he was 6 months is when I really felt like I had my body pretty much back to "normal" and the only reason I remember that is because we had family pictures taken around then.  It will happen, slowly but surely.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageOhSewCrafty:
    Hahahahahanbsp;Oh wait, you were serious? ;Honestly, I don't remember. Eventually? At least most of the way?nbsp;

All of this! With DD, I lost all of my pregnancy weight and then some. But the skin on my stomach was never the same. You might as well learn to embrace it.
    BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• 5 weeks 2 days PP and I'm still squishy...
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

BFP #1: 5/10/12; 5/22/12: pregnancy deemed not viable (probably CP)
    BFP #2: 8/2/12; Due date: 4/14/13, DD born 4/5/2013
    BFP #3: 11/2/14, Due date: 7/7/15
  • imageEIsieMae:
    imageOhSewCrafty:
    Hahahahahanbsp;Oh wait, you were serious? ;Honestly, I don't remember. Eventually? At least most of the way?nbsp;

All of this! With DD, I lost all of my pregnancy weight and then some. But the skin on my stomach was never the same. You might as well learn to embrace it.

This was me too. Lost all the weight but was still squishy afterwards..... But I didn't really work out to get my muscle tone back. I have goals after this pregnancy though. I'm just waiting on the clearance from my doc and the bleeding to stop.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Time and exercise. with dd1, I dropped the lbs quick but my shape was squishy until I started working out and lifting, which I found hard to do regularly while also working FT.  She was born end of July so I can't remember exactly when, but I know at least by March 1 I had nice toned abs again because I had gone to Miami and got lots of nice compliments and I felt really proud about looking good in a bikini.  My goal this time is by the end of the summer to rock a bikini with confidence.  But if not and I'm successful in longer term breastfeeding, I'm ok with that too. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    I feel like my abdomen looks like a lumpy old feather pillow with most of the feathers settled just below my belly button. With DS I was in regular pants by 2 weeks PP. this time I think I'll be in maternity pants forever unless I learn to embrace mom jeans that come up to my bra line. The flab is gross. I hate exercising but I'm going to have to learn to embrace it.
  • I started running again and doing 30 day shred a few weeks ago and my stomach looks no different. Going to be in yoga pants forever.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageEIsieMae:
    imageOhSewCrafty:

Ditto. I lost the weight quickly after DD but the skin was never the same. Exercise helped to tone it a little, but still, it just wasn't the same.

• Still squishy here too.  :(

On a happier note, I'm already 7 lbs below pre-pregnancy weight!  :D 

• imageOhSewCrafty:

Hahahahaha

Oh wait, you were serious? ;-)

Honestly, I don't remember. Eventually? At least most of the way? 

Crying

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"