Multiples

just curious

We are vaguely considering having a fifth child right around when the twins are two if possible! How on earth do you manage a newborn with 2yo twins on the loose? Anyone with advice would be appreciated!

And just a funny can I say I practically have triplets since they are "basically the same age?" snort
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: just curious

• scorchscorch member
    Easy.  Wait until they are three, or potty trained .  Having three kids is a special kind of hell.  And no, have three kids that close in age is nothing like having triplets.
  • Oh I was totally being sarcastic about practically having triplets. And I am also 38 already, I don't have too many years to wait, nor do I want to have kids when I am in my 40s if possible. No knock against those who do, but I want to be done with babies by then personally. Presuming I don't have issues getting and staying pregnant at least.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Just a vote right here in the "Doooo itttt" category!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • No advice,but best of luck in sorting it all out.
    We have adopting a fourth in the back burner for the future,I can't even fathom that right now,or the next 23 years lol.
  • I'm also wanting to add #5 but I'm starting to have pre-menopausal issues. I'm 37 and it would be high risk because of my histories. But I know that I know that I know we're not done.

We are going to get certified for respite Foster care this summer and who knows,  that might lead to full-time or adoption:)

I say go for it. What's another year or two without sleep? lol

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

• I also say go for it! I love children and if I could have more I would but we're stopping at 3 just because of complications we've had during pregnancy. I would 5-6 really! Follow your heart on this one :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • From your post, I was hoping to see the secret to making 3 under 2 work with twins being ~ 2 yo because MH and I have been thinking of doing the same thing to keep them all close in age (except it would only make 3 for us)...

My thought process is - just like having twins in general is just each MoM's own 'normal' chaos, I feel like adding another child to the mix when they are toddlers will just be what you know rather than overwhelming or too difficult because you something different.  People already tell me that they don't know how I do it, and I know what they mean by saying that but to me it is just my normal to have twins... yes, I do secretly think about how easy it would be to have had just a singleton but DH and I are working through our own chaos with our boys and are making it through... so far at least, haha!

GL on #5 - I'm so impressed!!  You can do it!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No experience here, though I hope to have #3 when LOs are between 2 and 3 so I am curious as to others' experiences. I will say if it's on your heart to have #5 go for it!! You're already super-mom with 2 other kids on top of twins! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"