Babies: 0 - 3 Months

NO POOP IN 3 days

My 2 week old havent gone off in almost 3 days.He pees alot and doesnt seem to be to fussy about not pooping but its beginning to worry me.I do exclusively BF though so i dont know if that causes it.Any opinions would help ease my mind a little i may be calling the dr tomorrow.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BIG BROTHER IS 4 and BIG SISTER is 2 in NOVEMBER

Re: NO POOP IN 3 days

• My pedi told me that DD not going for 4-5 days is ok as long as she's not showing any signs of discomfort. I was EBFat the time.  Hope this helps!
  • My dr said be concerned at 45 days. My 10 week old went a week and was very uncomfortable. I had to give her juice.

Try peddling the legs, rubbing belly, Give a warm bath, "check" LOs temp to see if that gets things going...
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • A nurse in the hospital showed me a trick that sometimes works. Bend LO's knees and hold them up to his chest (my LO finds this position very comfortable). This will expose the anus. Then you can take a wipe and gently wipe the anus repeatedly. It may not sound like fun, but the nurse said sometimes this encourages the baby to poop.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Totally normal for BF babies. Mine does this once a week then has a huge poop. Be careful using the thermometer to stimulate pooping. I read that babies can become dependent on it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• An EBF baby should poop at least once a week. A formula fed typically poops daily. So unless your LO is showing signs of pain, it's normal. My LO poops every 5-6 days since she was 1 month old.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • EBF babies tend to poop less often because their bodies can use almost everything in BM.  Our ped said its not uncommon for them to go 7-10 days without pooping.  DD almost always went 10 days between poops when she was little.  When we introduced solids she started going more frequently, but sometimes still goes 3 days between poops and is not constipated.  I wouldn't worry at all.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • imageelainelbuck:
    EBF babies tend to poop less often because their bodies can use almost everything in BM.  Our ped said its not uncommon for them to go 7-10 days without pooping.  DD almost always went 10 days between poops when she was little.  When we introduced solids she started going more frequently, but sometimes still goes 3 days between poops and is not constipated.  I wouldn't worry at all.

I've also heard that up to 10 days is normal

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• I just went to pedi for this because I was concerned. She said its normal fo BF babies and her son did the same. She said if it gets past 7 days or DD was uncomfortable to call. 
  • imagerjeller32:
    A formula fed typically poops daily.

Incorrect.

A BF baby can easily go longer without pooping than a FF baby, but either one is normal to not poop for a week, without discomfort.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"