December 2011 Moms

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mamas!

Do you have any plans? Did you get any Mother's Day gifts? Are you being pampered today?

Today is also DH's birthday. He left on a motorcycle trip yesterday and will be back Saturday. I get no pampering, but I am going to see my mom over lunch. DH bought me earrings to match the December birthstone necklace he bought me last year. It was an anniversary/Mother's Day gift. He also bought me an orchid. I'd say I got pretty spoiled. Some holidays are a complete fail, but this one (and anniversary) were great!

Re: Happy Mother's Day!

• Happy Mother's Day to you, too!  

We are going to look at DSLR cameras today and taking MIL out for lunch.  I might pamper myself with new color of polish for my toes when I visit Walgreens to pick up a photo order. haha

Hope everyone has a great day! 

June 2016 April Siggy Challenge: Reasons my kid is crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • DH hired a cleaning service to come once a month. I am so happy because i can't ever seem to get the whole house clean at once and I know with a newborn and toddler it will only get worse.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Happy Mother's Day all!!! 

Yesterday we did an early Mother's Day because we had my stepdaughter, so I got to sleep in yesterday and she made me my coffee :)  We went out to brunch and then got our nails done and went shopping!  

Today I got to sleep in again :)  DH made a yummy breakfast and then DS took a nap so we finished watching Silver Lining Playbook - started watching it last night but fell asleep.  Once DS gets up we're going to go for a bike ride and then Costco :)  Exciting!  HA!  Then tonight DH is planning to make a yummy dinner!  

• RicolaRicola member

DH gave me a Canon Rebel T4i for Mother's Day and my birthday combined (my birthday is in late June) on Friday. Woah! 

Today, I let him sleep in, because he worked late last night. Then we finished cleaning out opur attic and garage (the ceiling broke down earlier this week) and now have a guy there helping us to fix the ceiling. I am half done cleaning the house and will finish up as soon as Alex is awake. Then I will t ake Alex grocery shopping while DH puts all of our stuff back in the attic. Not a very glamorous Mother's Day, but we usually don't celebrate these "holidays" anyway. :-)

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• DD let me sleep in... sort of.

FI will be handling the foot massage and getting me some extra game content on Skyrim. I know video game stuff sounds cheesy but LO2 will be here in 6 weeks ish and it'll help make my nights a bit more bare-able during BFing.

"What are you having?" "Well the radiologist says its a healthy little human baby. I'm a little disappointed, because I really wanted a puppy." LOL
  • imagejesselayne8:
    DH hired a cleaning service to come once a month. I am so happy because i can't ever seem to get the whole house clean at once and I know with a newborn and toddler it will only get worse.

I am so jealous!! No matter how much I tell DH this would help my life greatly he still never is ok with it.

My mothers day was just like all the rest of them. Boring, no real presents, and thats all.

I am thankful that I got to sleep until 10! DH helped the boys make a card yesterday  which was cute but thats all I got from them. DS1 told me last night when I was putting him to bed that he made a surprise mother's day card for me and he would give it to me when he woke up, which was funny as hell, but when I told DH he said yea thats ok right? you don't want me to run out in the morning and get you some sort of present do you? WTH could I say to that? umm no its fine AGAIN. 

So I slept in, cleaned out my car, did some laundry, ran to CVS, cleaned out part of the garage, still changed diapers, did dishes, took care of the boys, etc. Then my parents took us out to an early dinner, where our waiter proceeded to tell me how annoying it was for HIM that I have a gluten allergy, umm I know buddy how about you be me for a while. Came home put the boys in pajamas, put them to bed, now I am finishing my homework for grad school due at midnight tonight. GREAT DAY. Oh well I am glad to be a mom, loved being able to see my mom today, and thats all I can ask for i guess.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We ended up getting 2 outdoor dining sets yesterday - 6 piece dining one for the deck and then a 3 piece one for the patio area at Costco, so that counted as a present even though I told DH that it was something we needed.  BUT when the kids were going to bed he got DD to give me a card and in it had a $100 spa gift card!  So yay! 

• -T--T- member
    imageKelly1109:

We ended up getting 2 outdoor dining sets yesterday - 6 piece dining one for the deck and then a 3 piece one for the patio area at Costco, so that counted as a present even though I told DH that it was something we needed.  BUT when the kids were going to bed he got DD to give me a card and in it had a $100 spa gift card!  So yay! 

I am sooo jealous! We have no outdoor seating areas. (Unless you count our driveway...) I'm hoping our next house will have something. What a sweet DH you have surprising you like that!

My parents came over last night and took DS and me to Hardees. It was nice to have a bit of company. 

• A couple months ago I asked my husband if we could skip the whole Mother's Day/ Father's Day gift thing and instead go out for a family event of our child's choice. She is a few years away from having a say but eventually it will be a great tradition. I did ask for a card.

Mother's day happened to fall on the first day of a 5 day trip to the mountains. No complaints from me. 

plus, my husband did buy me a shirt mid-week last week but I'm sure that had nothing to do with mother's day :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"