April 2013 Moms

Best part so far

In honor of Mothers' Day...

What is the best part of mothering your new LO so far?

Re: Best part so far

• Since I'm aFTM, all of this has been awesomely overwhelming. The absolute best moment so far was when DS opened his eyes for the first time in the dark of our hospital room on his first day. He looked at MH and me with his serious little look and we both bawled.
  • When she takes her little hands and wraps them tightly around my hands or wrists when I rock with her and looks right into my eyes like she is so intent on learning everything about who her new mama is.

And also love seeing dd1 kiss and love on her baby sister. having a second child doesn't split your love between them, it really does just multiply!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I love that no matter how tired I am or how frustrated I get at times I can look at her and she smiles and just melts my heart. It has been a crazy and overwhelming ride so far but I wouldn't change it for the world. I love snuggling with her and seeing her grow. I know she won't stay little forever, but some days I wish she could. Being a mom is amazing!
  • Watching him smile in his sleep and holding his hand while nursing. I just love him!!
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • When I lay him on my chest after a feeding & he looks up at me with so such gratitude and love. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• nessahmnessahm member
    Seeing my kids smile. I would do anything in the world to ensure their happiness.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • heddy79heddy79 member
    I love when she stares into my eyes and examines my face while shes eating.  
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • I love when I'm burping her and she falls asleep on my chest. I don't want to put her to bed when that happens!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ive been super overwhelmed and frustrated on my days but I love that when LO is upset she immediately calms when I lay her down on my chest. I'm the only person who can give her that comfort.

• The times when I'm nursing her and DS comes to snuggle with us.  I get emotional if I think too much about it, but it's just scary how fast the time flies and I love that I've already gotten so many quiet little moments with just the two of them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Definitely watching her smile after we feed her just before she falls asleep, it is so freaking cute!
  • KrisM86KrisM86 member
    The way he snuggles and falls asleep in my arms. Enjoy this part, ladies. It goes by so quickly!

ETA: the way my daughter constantly kisses him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The snuggles after feeding and burping where she stretches both of her arms out and "hugs" me. I also love the sleepy milk smiles as well.
  • When he lets out a huge smile when DH hands him to me
    imageVincent Julian born on March 27th, 2013 DX with Down Syndrome image
    baby
      BabyFruit Ticker
  • When she wants to be with me and her happy smiles after bf and I'm holding her. I love her more than I thought possible!
  • When he's crying and the only thing that will soothe him is being held and snuggled by me. It's an amazing feeling, it's only been 3 weeks but The love I feel for my little man is beyond imagine. He is perfect and he is mine.
  • The best part of mothering is how this whole experience has already made me a better person 6 weeks in. I have never had to be so patient, selfless, and responsible. My son has been my greatest teacher. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I love how she's the perfect little combo of DH and I.  I love how she studies my face in awe, and I love the new smiles we've been getting over the last week.  I love snuggling her and just FINALLY being a mommy.  It's everything I imagined it'd be, and then some. Smile
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Anniversary

BFP #1: 5/10/12; 5/22/12: pregnancy deemed not viable (probably CP)
    BFP #2: 8/2/12; Due date: 4/14/13, DD born 4/5/2013
    BFP #3: 11/2/14, Due date: 7/7/15
  • 12 days in - I absolutely LOVE seeing DH with her.  I knew he would be, but he is the most involved and loving dad a baby girl could have.  Makes me love him even more than before.  Not to mention the fact that she is a mini-DH in looks - I just love that we've gone from an "us" to a family.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMommymorticia:
    The best part of mothering is how this whole experience has already made me a better person 6 weeks in. I have never had to be so patient, selfless, and responsible. My son has been my greatest teacher. 

well said! And I completely agree.

in addition; the first smile I got yesterday when she looked right at me and grinned. It was an amazing start to Mothers Day weekend :) 

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• imagemelissad23:
    12 days in - I absolutely LOVE seeing DH with her.  I knew he would be, but he is the most involved and loving dad a baby girl could have.  Makes me love him even more than before.  Not to mention the fact that she is a mini-DH in looks - I just love that we've gone from an "us" to a family.

could've wrote this myself!!!!!!!!

• For me, the best part has just been having the realization every day that after all the years of wanting to have a baby and the treatments and the doctors- he's here and this really is happening! I love it when he makes his different faces and showing him off to different family and friends when they come to meet him! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"