April 2013 Moms

Newborn clothes

DD is pretty petite, 7lbs 2oz, 11 days old. I hadn't bought any newborn clothes, in case she was too big for them. I bought a few things at Carter's a few days ago, and even their NB are slightly big on her. Where else have y'all bought truly NB sized clothes? I bought a Cherokee NB onesie and pants at target, but they still swallow her. TIA!!
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Newborn clothes

• Gerber clothes run supersmall, so I bet their NB size will fit your LO great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Some carters items I got were super small and I was bummed she only wore for a week. She was 7.13 and left the hosp at 7.5. I purposefully bought NB stuff that looked a smudge big so she could wear it more than a few days.

• Loading the player...
  • I love the Gerber brand! My LO was a lot smaller than I thought he would be so we were using our 34 newborn outfits over and over for 2 weeks and I finally caved and bought some gerber onesies in 0 to 3 month size and now that he's growing out of newborn they fit him way better than 0 to 3 month in any other brand. Also I've found that the circo brand fits really big!
  • SRK128SRK128 member
    Gerber!
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • kgs0505kgs0505 member
    Babies R Us Brand Is A Bit Small Too.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• imagekgs0505:
    Babies R Us Brand Is A Bit Small Too.

BRU does run smaller. DD3 is starting to outgrow their 0to3month size in length although the body is still big. She's 8 lbs 14 oz and around 23" at 6 weeks.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Baby Gap runs small too. I think their NB runs to only 8 lbs, whereas Carter's goes to 10 I think.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree that BRU and Gerber run smaller.

Carter's brand confuses me because sometimes their clothes are small, sometimes they're normal, and sometimes they're bigger. It's like Goldilocks and the 3 daamn bears haha

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • is the Koala brand - the BRU brand yall are talking about?
  • Kieran was 7 lbs. the Gerber 0-3 month onesies fit pretty good with a little room to grow.

• we got some newborn Okie Dokie brand hand me downs (sold at JCP) and I don't know if it's just because they were washed and dried several times before they were given to us, but they run small and fit my little 6 pound peanut nice and snug.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagevindaloo:
    Gerber clothes run supersmall, so I bet their NB size will fit your LO great.

This. Gerber newborn has been fitting DD really well and she's 7lbs 7oz or so.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• imagevindaloo:
    Gerber clothes run supersmall, so I bet their NB size will fit your LO great.

This. Gerber newborn has been fitting DD really well and she's 7lbs 7oz or so.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Thanks y'all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"