December 2012 Moms

Are you making LO's food?

The pedi recommended waiting until 6mo to start solids since DD is doing so well with ebf. We discussed the pros and cons of making lo's food and blw. He was strongly against blw and we trust his opinion, so DH and I have decided to make DD's food. This way we know exactly what she is getting...no preservatives, added hormones, or added sugar.

Are you making LO's food? If you are what type of food processor are you using? I'm debating between getting the Beabe Pro or the Breeza. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Are you making LO's food?

• I'm making all of Rory's food we have a baby bullet and I absolutly love it. So far he has had carrots, sweet potatos, butternut squash, apples, bananas, pears, and plums. I use a silicon steamer and then I puree and I got the munchkin frozen trays that have lids. I love making his food and everything I make tastes amazing. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Do you know if the BB contain any lead components? The price is much more affordable, which would be amazing, but after reading a lot of the reviews I was afraid to go this route.
  • Loading the player...
  • kimskikimski member
    we just use a stick blender works great! Did the same for our first daughter. 
  • Why was your pedi against BLW? Mine didn't know what it was so I disregarded his advice lol-I'd like to know if there are specific concerns from a pedi familiar with it.
  • He said even though some studies show a reduced risk of choking he still feels the risk is too great. His opinion was, "Why risk it...I haven't met a toddler that doesn't know how to feed themselves". He has a few older children and an 8 mo son, so he stays up on the current trends. I discussed the theory behind why there is less risk oh choking and the recommended foods to begin with, but he said there wasn't enough research for him to feel comfortable in supporting or recommending it.
  • What does blw mean?
  • imagejeanbean13:
    What does blw mean?

Baby-led weaning

https://www.babyledweaning.com

We do all BLWing.  So yes, I will make all his food, lol.

If we were going to do purees, I'd just use my regular food processor and my immersion blender though :) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I just got the Beabe Pro , but we haven't used it yet.
    Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage
  • We just used a kitchenaid food processor. We didn't buy a special baby food one. It worked great. That and I used a food steamer, it preserves nutrients better to steam food.
  • I made my first batch of sweet potatoes and squash yesterday. I just steamed using my metal steamer on the stove and then used the blender, adding water to get the right consistency. Worked great! And he LOVED the sweet potatoes. Yay!
    Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageStefandTodd:

imagejeanbean13:
    What does blw mean?

Baby-led weaning

https://www.babyledweaning.com

We do all BLWing.  So yes, I will make all his food, lol.

If we were going to do purees, I'd just use my regular food processor and my immersion blender though :) 

This exactly.

OP, I'm sorry to hear your pedi thinks that.  Our pedi is a lead professor at one of the top pediatric residency programs in America and was very enthusiastic about it.  He's pretty progressive, though.

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• For my first born I simply just steamed up the veggies or fruit if necessary and then puree it with whatever kitchen tool you have, then poor into ice cube trays, freeze, pop out of trays into a freezer bag, label and ta da. Easy peasy.  Take out the cube I want prior to the meal, let thaw in small bowl and serve at whatever temp you liked, I would place the bowl in a larger bowl of warm/hot water to warm the food up more. I am already preparing food for my new little one now.  It's easy to do. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"