February 2013 Moms

LO Nicknames!

Lets hear them! I don't I've called DS by his real name since he was born.

My latest nickname for DS is Bug and variations of it. Bugs, buggy, bugger, little bug, lovebug.

What are you calling LO lately?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Our Sweet Boy "LJ"

Re: LO Nicknames!

• We say son a lot but also shorten his name Jaxon to Jax. But call him Bud all the time.
  • Brandonator, Squirmy Wormy (when he squirms around in his swaddle), Buddy/Bud, Brando. 

• Loading the player...
  • Amelia is Mia, but we also call her Booter and Reptar. Booter because she kicks all the time, and Reptar because she sometimes growls at us. Also, every variation of bear. SleepyBear, Happy Bear, etc.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • imagejkuhmann:
    Brandonator, Squirmy Wormy when he squirms around in his swaddle, Buddy/Bud, Brando.nbsp;

I call Vida Squirmy Wormy too! Also I call her Baby a LOT.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I cannot for the life of me determine where this came from, but I call DS Punkin Puss. I'm guessing he will want to put the kaibosh on this as quickly as possible when he's a little older, haha!
  • Mouse (typical nickname here in Germany, kind of like pumpkin in the US), Lizzy-mouse, Lizzy-Lou

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• We call him Booty, for why I'm not sure and Monster because he's a milk monster!!
  • I call Oona by her name most of the time but sometimes I call her Cupie or Baby. Baby Oona, Baby All Gone and Baby Pee-Pee (after the dolls) are names DH and I will both call her. DH mostly calls her Oona too. FIL calls her Oo-Bear.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We call Logan Logi or Logibear a lot. DD calls him Buddy, so I call him that a lot too.
  • Punkers munkers, punky butt, squirrely bird

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• jas9210jas9210 member
    I usually call her little girl or girly girl. DH usually calls her cutie. So sweet! And when we are talking about her to DS we almost always say sister. He's never going to learn her name that way lol. Of course at this rate she probably wont know her name either lol!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Drea926Drea926 member

I call him so many ridiculous names! Bug and it's variations as well, including Bugaboo. I also call him Squirmy Worm. Hmmm...buddy, pal and friend. Cutie pie, handsome, lovey, peanut, nugget (though those last two were when he was smaller.)

I should start calling him Rory more, or he is going to be confused as to what his name is! 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Other than variants of his name (Nicky, Nico, Klaus),  we mostly call him Buddy or Baby. I use Sweet Boy a lot too.

• MBush4MBush4 member
    I call Atticus monkey or little monkey. Which fits since the first thing he intentionally reached for was a monkey hanging above his activity mat. I've been calling him monkey since about 2 weeks.

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

• tdmd09tdmd09 member
    We usually call him by his name or by Baby. I also call him Punkin a lot, or Dude. DH also called him Mister Poopy Pants this morning, heh.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • We call Macyn... Macy, bear, Macy bear, little bear, bear bear...

Lots of bear Haha

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I use a lot of stupid pet names like "sugar bear," "angel," "little love," and even really dumb ones like, "little baby" or just "baby." (I also call my cat "kitty" on a regular basis, for the record).

But the weirdest one is probably... Henry Wiggler. I thought I was making a funny pun on Henry Winkler's (the Fonz's) name... Lame-o mommy. lol 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DD's name is Elizabeth but I don't think I've called her that since her first week. Her nn is Libby. We also call her Goober (DH came up with that one, apparently it's like peanut?), Monkey, and Libby Pop (because she "pops" her eyes open when she's fighting sleep).
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Drea926Drea926 member
    imageRunaway22:

I use a lot of stupid pet names like "sugar bear," "angel," "little love," and even really dumb ones like, "little baby" or just "baby." (I also call my cat "kitty" on a regular basis, for the record).

But the weirdest one is probably... Henry Wiggler. I thought I was making a funny pun on Henry Winkler's (the Fonz's) name... Lame-o mommy. lol 

Lame? I think you mean AWESOME! 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• We usually call him Brenton or Brent. But around Kenzie he's always referred to as baby. My dad calls him little czar Nicholas was the last czar if Russia because I didn't want his name to be Nick jr.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Squish, Squishy and Sweets. I always hesitate when asked what her name is because I never call her by her name so it takes me a second too remember.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• For some reason I tend to call her Punkin in different varieties. Lately it's been that or doodle bug. I also hesitate when people ask what her name is because I use some many random nicknames for her all the time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Her name is Alexandra Quinn, but I call her Alex mostly, then Wiggles McGee, sweetie pie, bunny, stinker, beautiful or peanut. I also call Quinnie Cooper because she'll be the girl next door every boy is smitten with (how could she NOT be?!)
  • Suga' Boo, Sugies, (like sugar) Lovey, Baby, Honey Bunny
  • Bubby, Bubba, and Buddy are probably the most common ones.  My daughter keeps calling him Ellie, and of course I call him E (just the letter name).  Not sure how or why, but I started calling my daughter C or C-bear when she was little, and the tradition has continued.  All though, today E has become Mr. Crabby A$$! Not sure what his problem is today but, is it bedtime yet ?!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Butter Ball, Rolly Polly, Baby Bear. I also call him by his first name and friends have called him Luke Skywalker or Little Skywalker, we are huge Star Wars fans.
  • Bugger, fatty, lil man....we have a ton.
  • I call both kids Buddy most of the time.  Now I have Big Buddy and Little Buddy. :)  We have started calling Newbie "Toad" waaaay too often also.  He kind of looks like a toad with his squishy baby self. Smile  We should stop that one; I don't want it to accidently stick or for him or DS1 to notice.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • ObLaDiObLaDi member
    imageMBush4:
    I call Atticus monkey or little monkey. Which fits since the first thing he intentionally reached for was a monkey hanging above his activity mat. I've been calling him monkey since about 2 weeks.

I have an Atticus too!

I call him by his name a fair amount, but also call him assorted endearments including goof, bug, monkey, rutabaga, sweetie, and teek.

ETA whoops, I'm accidentally on February! I was like, how did I not notice the other Atticus before?
  • I use sweet pea a lot and also call her cuddle bug.
  • baby and nugget and BG (baby guy). i feel like i've never actually called him by his name (guy). 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Love hearing all the nicknames! We call our DD little lady, ladybug, and love bug... Although a ton of others sneak in there here and there. :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I call him by his name- Lyndon, or "the babe," or little brother. I started calling DD "the kid" pretty much right after I found out I was pregnant. It stuck even after I found out she was a she, and I still call her that. I called DS that once and then realized I needed a new name for him. "The Babe" was the first thing that came to mind.
    photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our son's name is Boden, so we call him Bo for short. Sometimes I nickname him Bazoo, which was what I called my very old 4 lbs Yorkie before he passed away at the end of March. I also call him lightning bug because he always stares at lights. My parents call him Bodie Budster. Oh, and a PP reminded me I call him Monkey lots... Which is kinda weird because I find Monkeys kind of creepy. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageadamsabigail14:
    Butter Ball, Rolly Polly, Baby Bear. I also call him by his first name and friends have called him Luke Skywalker or Little Skywalker, we are huge Star Wars fans.

May the 4th must've been a blast! Ha!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It's a long roster, lol

Gremlin, Squeaker, Squishbutt, Peanutbutter, Momo, Hank/Hank the Crank, Farty Marty (my mom is fond of this one), Bunny Rabbit, Baby Vader (he likes to breath like Darth Vader into his monitor receiver), E.T., Little Man, Monkeyface, Chubs, Chubba Cheeks, Chunkbutt, Grouchbutt, Michael calls him Buddy, and my FMIL calls him Little Mister.
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • OMG...there are sooo many. Like PP's, variations of bug, my swishy and variations of bear. His name is Evan James, and somehow I started calling him Jammy. Jammy bear, or the Jam. There's also bubby, poochie, sweetheart, munchkin, gremlin.. It is weird when I am talking to someone and have to say his actual name.

I like cookies.

• Lots of nicknames, but the few that seem to have stuck around are Bubba, Bubby, and Bubbles. Not sure how he got any of those...except maybe bubba...he's a big boy, lol.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've called him Bean since before he was born, now I've added in Wiggle Worm, Snuggle Bear, Stormageddon...

• I like to call her little miss squishy pants!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"