February 2013 Moms

Mother's Day Vent

Hi Ladies,

I just need to do a premature vent

Mothers day is tomorrow and DH hasn't mentioned anything about it.  Earlier in the week I asked him to take me to the mall to get a card for his Mom to send in the mail.  Today I asked him to take me again to get a card for my Mom, and he asked for what, I told him it was for mothers day tomorrow.  His reply was "Oh, babe, you know me, I don't keep track of those things." And that was the extent of the conversation on that.

This will be my first mothers day, and while I don't expect anything extravagant, I was really hoping for at least a nice card and some acknowledgement. I'm worried that he is going to completely forget about it, and I'm going to be really hurt and probably p*ssed at him.

FWIW I know he took an ex gf to get a tattoo for mother's day, even though he didn't have a child with her...

Thanks for letting me vent! 

Re: Mother's Day Vent

• It is possible, I usually catch him though...Maybe he's just doing a good job hiding it lol

I know it's a stupid thing to worry about.. 

• Last year Mother's Day was really hard.  I had just had a miscarriage two weeks earlier, and was not yet pregnant with E.  DH tried to make it special still, but it was really hard. 

I'm hoping for something special this year.  I told him there was a mother's birthstone ring I wanted, but I know that wasn't part of our budget so I don't expect to be seeing that.  Besides, when I told him I liked it, he told me I should wait until we have at least one more.  Right now it would be boring! All the stones would be purple.  Both my kids have February birthdays, lol.

I hope your DH does something amazing! Or at least brings you a breakfast that you didn't have to cook first. :)

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Loading the player...
  • I understand how you feel. I said something to DH a couple weeks ago about acknowledging Mother's Day for me. If I hadn't said anything, I'm 95 percent sure I wouldn't have gotten as much as a card. He did order me a gift and seems excited to give it to me. It sucks when guys don't get that special days like this are important to us.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• imagekleigh926:
    I understand how you feel. I said something to DH a couple weeks ago about acknowledging Mother's Day for me. If I hadn't said anything, I'm 95 percent sure I wouldn't have gotten as much as a card. He did order me a gift and seems excited to give it to me. It sucks when guys don't get that special days like this are important to us.

I completely agree.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • TamaraR4: Im sorry for your loss :( and a family ring would be amazing, after you've added another LO!

kleigh926: it does suck, I dont want to have to remind him of these things cause I feel like Im being a brat, its not that Im looking for anything big...just a card and some acknowledgement that im doing an awesome job :D lol AND im a planner so I already have his fathers day gift bought and things planned and just wish he was the same!

ah well, maybe he will surprise me and i'll  feel silly for posting 

• imageschwabmomma:

imagekleigh926:
    I understand how you feel. I said something to DH a couple weeks ago about acknowledging Mother's Day for me. If I hadn't said anything, I'm 95 percent sure I wouldn't have gotten as much as a card. He did order me a gift and seems excited to give it to me. It sucks when guys don't get that special days like this are important to us.

I completely agree.

Me, too. Sometimes I wonder why they matter so much... But they do, regardless. I'm pretty sure MD will be just another Sunday for LO and me. Maybe when he's older, we can start doing fun things.  

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"