Adoption

The hope of becoming a mother by mother's day wasn't meant to be

IRRIRR member

Let me start by saying I am not shattered like I was the first time, just a little disappointed, and not meeting the baby makes it SO much easier to just walk away and move on.  So I don't have any real updates except for the fact that some unknown baby was born on Wednesday that could have been mine, but it is not.  I have no idea if the baby was born healthy or how big he was or even if he is a he although that is what we were told to start with, so I will assume it is a boy.  My agency was not able to get any answers on what went on this week, the EM has refused to speak to us by blocking her hospital room phone to all those that she didn't provide a PIN number to and at this point one can only assume she was a scam.  We did learn that she was working with another couple but broke off that relationship in January.  She told us she was working with another agency but never mentioned she was matched.  I am not sure if anything she told us was true except that she was and did have a baby on Wednesday.  

I am ready to move on and I even have DH considering an older child this time since we are not getting any younger.  We will try to talk to our social worker next week to see if there is anything different we need to do for an older child through foster care, but we will not become foster parents.  I signed up for ADOPTUSKIDS last night and this weekend we will just celebrate my cousins birthday today and my Mom tomorrow.  Appreciate all of the thoughts and prayers and I just hope this baby is well provided for now and in the future. Happy Mother's Day to all you are celebrating.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

Re: The hope of becoming a mother by mother's day wasn't meant to be

• No words---but love and prayers. I'm so sorry.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry and sending you tons of hugs!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since June 2009
    01/10- Femara
    03/10- Femara
    07/2010- Clomid with injectables and IUI #1
    08/2010- IUI #2
    06/2011- IVF #1 BFP!
    09/2011- Miscarriage at 10 1/2 weeks
    11/2011- FET
    01/2012- Start Home Study process
    03/2012- Home Study approved and now waiting on our child to find us!
    07/2012- matched with a BM who is due in October!
    11/10/12- our son is born!
    11/13/12- court grants us custody!
     12/28/12- finalization! Always ours in our hearts, but.now also ours forever

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

http://keepingupwiththejoneses-dana.blogspot.com/

• I'm so very sorry.  Hugs to you this weekend...
    I'm a dance studio owner, writer, cat mommy, and adventuress who is married to the man of her dreams. My husband and I have had a long-time dream to adopt and it's happening in a way that we didn't quite anticipate. But, like any move of God, it's turning out way better than we expected. We'd love for you to follow our story at www.kirstenkline.com!
  • GWUAlumGWUAlum member
    Lots of hugs and prayers coming your way! That really sucks which I'm sure you already know. We'll all be so happy for you when you finally get to bring your baby home even if its an older baby! 
  • Ugh, I'm sorry. Just remember there are other people in the world that totally understand what you are going through. Sometimes that give me a little peace.
    Domestic Adoption-Activated January 29th, 2013. Trying to be patient. The journey: http://perpetuallyupsidedown.tumblr.com/
  • crene84crene84 member
    Unbelievable..I am so sorry.  It's great that you are considering an older child..there are so many out there and it sounds like you can provide an amazing home.  I can't wait to hear more about that if that is the path you choose.
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry. Praying that your little one comes home soon- you deserve some good news. {{HUGS}} 
    Anniversary

• So very sorry this didn't work out. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way.
  • I'm so sorry.  Hugs.
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"