May 2013 Moms

Team Green turned Team PINK!!!!!

So shocked we have a daughter!  I havent been on in a while but wanted to udate since I have been checking everyone elses status!  Love reading them!

Wed 5/8 - went in for scheduled induction at 6:30 a.m. - due to big baby for the second time.  Started IVs and everything and when my OB checked me at 8 a.m. I was about 3 cm so he broke my water.  They started the pitocin drip and the contractions started heavy.  I kept debating on taking the epidural so soon, but decided to get it so I could relax.  I almost passed out during the epidural due to bending over and breathing, plus he had to stick me twice because I wasn't hunched enough the first time.  It finally took and by 9:50 a.m. I was feeling great!  Ready to nap.  But that wasn't happening.

My body started to shake as if I had chills but I didn't at all.  It was my body changing so my nurse checked me and I was already at a 7 by 10:30!  Then I was a 9.5 cm by 11:20!  Talk about progress!

They stopped my pitocin in order to give my doctor a chance to come back to the hosp since he had gone back to the office to see patients.  He was not going to be able to make it so the on call dr. came in and she was wonderful!  I started pushing around 12:25 and baby girl came out at 1:34 p.m. and she was face up just like my son was!  

Addison Susan was 8 lb. 5 oz and 21.5 inches long.  Cute as a button!  

I was discharged today but she had to stay admitted to the NICU for a case of jaundice.  I am hoping she comes home tomorrow!  Good luck to everyone else who still has to deliver! 

image imagePregnancy Ticker image

Re: Team Green turned Team PINK!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"