August 2012 Moms

SSA 2012

Did you check out the ssa 2012 popular baby names list for your lo's name? Was it what you expected?

I was surprised to see that ds' s name has gone up in popularity. In recent years it had been ranked in the 900s, but for 2012 it was in the 700s.

Re: SSA 2012

• Keith was low, I was glad!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For DS, his name went down 26 spots. It's now  #160.

DD is out of the Top 1000.

• Loading the player...
  • Wilhelmina hasn't been on the 1000 list since 1952!
    Mina is pretty far down the list, 834. I think it is so interesting to see the popularity of names rise and drop.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Jace is number 86 but we spell it Jayce and it is number 200. I never even heard of Jayce before we used it. I am actually pretty disappointed that it is more popular than I thought. I picked a name specifically because I thought he would be the only one to have it.
  • Rylan is at 179, which kinda surprises me cuz I had never heard the name until we decided to name him that. I did see the name pop up once or twice after we picked it.

Fun Facts:

Alternative spelling Ryland is at 478 and 744 for little girl Rylan

• my daughter's name is never on it.  I did a search and Adelheid is not on the top 1k for the past 13 years.
    10/15/10 HPT+ 10/16/10 +blood test! missed m/c found at 17w, gone at aprox 14w., D&C
    4/26/11 HPT+ 4/28/11 +Blood test! HCG 67 5/24/11 Blighted Ovum.
    6/11-11/11 Non ovulatory cycles
    12/18/11 HPT+ 12/20/11 +Blood Test HCG 165 12/27/11 Beta test HCG 6411
    12/29/11 Beta 11264 1/30/11 Wiggler w/ HB 160+
    Grow Baby Grow!!!! Please be our rainbow!
    Rainbow Born 8/22, so in love with our little girl!
    Valentines
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker</a
  • DS's was top 30. That's about what I was expecting.

• DS' name is in the 30's, just like it has been the last few years. DD's name is still top 10. They are both pretty classic names, so popular but not trendy.

My name was #10 the year I was born and I haven't met that many people with the same name.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • DS's name was 89 this year, down 2 spots from the year before.

imageLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

imageimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I've never looked but I didn't care too much.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 214. It's gone down from 2011!
  • Lindley has never been in the top 1000.  DS's name - Caden - was 152 in 2012 (136 in 2011 when he was born).  I'm a little surprised it's not higher, but there are a lot of alternate spellings of it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Joaquin is the most popular of all my kids' names.  Emery is much more popular for girls, but still charts in the top thousand for both spellings- Emery and Emory- for boys.  Avalin doesn't chart at all. 

There are some pretty weird and youneek girl names on the top 1000 list.   Miracle is 416.    Journee is 589.   Paityn is 661.  etc.

The boys list seems to be more standard names.  Even the end of the list are mostly actual names, although obscure, obviously.

• DD's name is more popular than I was expecting, but it's still not mainstream by any means. I still haven't met any other girl IRL with her name yet!
  • In 2000, Reese was at 886... in 2012, she's at 128!! But we chose it because it's my maiden name... so it has more meaning to us =)
  • Sergio's is in the high 200's. I'm not surprised, it's not a very common name, unless you're Hispanic.

I, however, love that it's not high on the SSA list, being someone whose name was ridiculously common growing up.

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Riley is 47th and one of 4786 last year! I never hear anyone else with the name around here so I was surprised it was top 50.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • alakealake member

I know that this is bad to say, but I have never cared about popularity of names.

Eryn is named after a really good friend of mine who died 23 months before she was born.  

If she was a boy, she would have been Eric, after DH's grandpa who had died, so not even far off.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"