May 2013 Moms
Options

uhh?

So I was diagnosed with pree yesterday at my 37 week appt and admitted to the hospital. This AM I am giving pitocin, 12 hours later I am still only 1cm. And now there is talk of me going home?wait I have pree and havnt had my baby? Any similar stories? Any words of advice/wisdom/or thoughts?

Re: uhh?

• Options
    LN1024LN1024 member
    I thought they were holding you hostage? Now they're trying to kick you out after giving you Pitocin? I'm so confused. 
  • Options
    Haha that's my problem I'm so confused I don't know if I'm coming or going?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    rsage53rsage53 member

Wait, wait, wait...did you DD your post about being held hostage?  I see another post from you early this morning about being induced.  Yesterday you said you'd already been induced?  Either you're realllly confused or you're really bored?! 

If this is all true, do you have someone with you who is able to better understand what is going on with your induction/pree?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LN1024LN1024 member

imageajfetterly:
    Haha that's my problem I'm so confused I don't know if I'm coming or going?

Go demand answers. You are your biggest advocate.  

• Options
    imagersage53:

Wait, wait, wait...did you DD your post about being held hostage?  I see another post from you early this morning about being induced.  Yesterday you said you'd already been induced?  Either you're realllly confused or you're really bored?! 

If this is all true, do you have someone with you who is able to better understand what is going on with your induction/pree?

I think that was Ceci something 

• Options
    rsage53rsage53 member
    imagebotanicalbliss:
    imagersage53:

I think that was Ceci something 

Really?  My bad for mixing them up! 

OP, I am sorry if that wasn't you!  Still, I think you should get some answers!

• Options
    Thank u and no worries I tend to confuse everyone I type short hand on my phone. Oh and I'm still in hospital 1cm uncomfortable and BP is 149/100
  • Options
    LN1024LN1024 member

imageajfetterly:
    Thank u and no worries I tend to confuse everyone I type short hand on my phone.

Yea, I apologize for mixing you up. Have they given you any new information on what is going on? 

• Options
    If you were only 1 cm when they gave you pitocin then they wasted their time and yours. Pitocin isn't really used to help you dilate.
  • Options
    imageordinary1:
    If you were only 1 cm when they gave you pitocin then they wasted their time and yours. Pitocin isn't really used to help you dilate.

Then what exactly is Pitocin used for? Because my last two deliveries used Pitocin and that's exactly what it did. I think you are confusing Pitocin and Cervidil.
  • Options
    Still in hospital they are tracking the protein in my urine and my BP keeps changing high to almost normal. Waiting for Dr to get here at 8am. I hope I forget this pain so I will give my little man a sibling in a few years but right now being a normally healthy person this catheter and IV are annoying. Thanks for letting me vent ladies.
  • Options
    imageBekW2009:
    imageordinary1:

Then what exactly is Pitocin used for? Because my last two deliveries used Pitocin and that's exactly what it did. I think you are confusing Pitocin and Cervidil.

Yeah, wtf?

Pitocin is used to stimulate contractions. The point of contractions is to dilate the cervix. Therefore, pitocin is used to help dilate the cervix.

Maybe I am just a biitchy pregnant lady but some of the answers I'm seeing lately are driving me nuts.
    He melts me...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Calvin Francis
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LN1024LN1024 member

imageajfetterly:
    Still in hospital they are tracking the protein in my urine and my BP keeps changing high to almost normal. Waiting for Dr to get here at 8am. I hope I forget this pain so I will give my little man a sibling in a few years but right now being a normally healthy person this catheter and IV are annoying. Thanks for letting me vent ladies.

Hope things improve. Keep us updated! 

• Options
    rsage53rsage53 member

imageajfetterly:

have you progressed? Does your husband get to be with you today since it's Sat? 

• Options
    No he has Monday and Tuesday off this week but he stayed last night with me until he had to leave and if I have any progress his bosses told me to call they will let him leave early if I am going into active labor. Thank you for caring! :
  • Options
    imagepearlsonthebeach:
    imageBekW2009:
    imageordinary1:

Yeah, wtf?

Pitocin is used to stimulate contractions. The point of contractions is to dilate the cervix. Therefore, pitocin is used to help dilate the cervix.

Maybe I am just a biitchy pregnant lady but some of the answers I'm seeing lately are driving me nuts.

Pitocin is to help contractions stronger and more frequent. It isn't recommended to start with Pitocin unless you are at about a 3.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"