January 2013 Moms

if your LO goes to a center...

How often do they get their diaper changed?

We toured Goddard yesterday and they said they check/change the infants every 2 hours. That seems like a really long time to be sitting in a dirty diaper to me. DH said they meant that they will check them no matter what every 2 hours but they change them in between if they notice. But they didn't specifically say that. Goddard is supposed to be a good school so I was surprised.

Re: if your LO goes to a center...

• ours is every 2 hours or as needed....so if she pooped between that 2 hours, she would be changed, not left to sit in it until her 2 hours is up

my friend took her daughter to goddard and i never heard her complain about the diaper situation... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• They just assumed you understood that - it's every 2 hours no matter what (dry or wet) - which is a great frequency - or as soon as soiled. They don't let kids sit in poopy diapers, don't worry.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagewootownlady:

They just assumed you understood that - it's every 2 hours no matter what (dry or wet) - which is a great frequency - or as soon as soiled. They don't let kids sit in poopy diapers, don't worry.

But if the diaper is just wet, do they change them in between? DD won't be going until she is a year old but still... I change her all the time.. definitely more than 2 hours. That seems so long to me.

• imageMinipenguin:
    imagewootownlady:

They just assumed you understood that - it's every 2 hours no matter what (dry or wet) - which is a great frequency - or as soon as soiled. They don't let kids sit in poopy diapers, don't worry.

But if the diaper is just wet, do they change them in between? DD won't be going until she is a year old but still... I change her all the time.. definitely more than 2 hours. That seems so long to me.

no! you're crazy, they can sit in wet diapers, it doesn't hurt them.  I change when full!  I think every 2 hours is too often (except for poop of course).

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageWild_flower25:
    imageMinipenguin:
    imagewootownlady:

no! you're crazy, they can sit in wet diapers, it doesn't hurt them.  I change when full!  I think every 2 hours is too often (except for poop of course).

Really? That doesn't cause crazy diaper rashes? Maybe that's why DD seems to go through so many diapers.

• I've been changing wet little butts for 2 years now and no one has ever  gotten a diaper rash from sitting in pee for 2 hours. Or 3. Sometimes 4.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • EagsEags member
    Ours is every 1.5 hours unless the smell poo.
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • imagewootownlady:

I've been changing wet little butts for 2 years now and no one has ever  gotten a diaper rash from sitting in pee for 2 hours. Or 3. Sometimes 4.

4 hours....Indifferent

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014
  • 82Sonia82Sonia member
    I must be in the crazy camp but I change when wet too. That said, I know our DC checks at least every two hours and changes poop when needed.

• We're about to start at a Goddard and he made it very clear that they will change them as soon as they know the diaper is dirty, but will go no longer than 2 hours for sure (unless they are sleeping).
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I actually work at a Goddard. You can always let the teachers know your preference when it comes to diaper changes. For me I only change DS before a feeding and when he poops. My ds skin is not sensitive so no diaper rashes from wet diapers for him. I actually asked them not to change every two hours lol. As the mommy though you have every right to ask for more frequent diaper changes!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"