April 2013 Moms

Moms of boys - advice please!

Mobile: Moms of boys - advice please!

My little man is frustrating me so much! He will wait until the last possible second, and then pee all over his freshly-cleaned bum, usually just after I've finished putting on the diaper cream and am wiping off my finger. I went through 4 clean diapers during the same change at one point yesterday...arg!

With my girls, I used to be able to blow on their lady bits and they would pee on the diaper that was already dirty, but this doesn't seem to work on my son. Anyone have any tips or tricks for boys?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Moms of boys - advice please!

• When the cold air hits it they pee, it's gonna happen so I just put a wipe on the top and go on about the change. If he pees in the new diaper its such a minimal amount that I leave him be. 

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• I have always unfolded the new diaper and put it under the dirty one first. I wipe his bottom, pull the old diaper off and set aside, wipe on the cream real fast, wipe majority of my finger off on the clean diaper and fasten it up real fast. So I guess my advice is to just do it all real quick!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • elbouelbou member

imageMsAmeera25:
    When the cold air hits it they pee, it's gonna happen so I just put a wipe on the top and go on about the change. If he pees in the new diaper its such a minimal amount that I leave him be. 

I do this too, but it's never a minimal amount with him. It usually soaks the new diaper, both on the inside and the outside, lol.

• elbouelbou member

imagekatief27:
    I have always unfolded the new diaper and put it under the dirty one first. I wipe his bottom, pull the old diaper off and set aside, wipe on the cream real fast, wipe majority of my finger off on the clean diaper and fasten it up real fast. So I guess my advice is to just do it all real quick!

I also do this, and that's usually when he pees. Can't quite change him fast enough, lol! I had forgotten the trick of putting the clean diaper under the dirty one though...thank you!

• If it's enough to soak it then i'm not sure..my LO pees but it's not enough to soak a fresh diaper, I guess just do it really fast like the PP said. 

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• JSS1002JSS1002 member
    imagekatief27:
    I have always unfolded the new diaper and put it under the dirty one first. I wipe his bottom, pull the old diaper off and set aside, wipe on the cream real fast, wipe majority of my finger off on the clean diaper and fasten it up real fast. So I guess my advice is to just do it all real quick!

This is what I do too.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageMsAmeera25:
    When the cold air hits it they pee, it's gonna happen so I just put a wipe on the top and go on about the change. If he pees in the new diaper its such a minimal amount that I leave him be. 

same here, I can also tell he's about to pee when he is erect 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• The cold wipe seems to be what sets my son off.  I save cleaning his little boy parts until the very end when i'm ready to close the diaper.
  • I clean him all off and then I lay a wash cloth over him for a minute and he pees on that then I finish with a clean diaper and cream if needed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel like I'm the only mother of boys who don't pee during diaper changes.

They each have done it once, as brand new newborns and have yet to do it again.
  • I always would put a little bit of pressure on the front of his pelvis, on top of his penis, with the front of the dirty diaper. The pee would come out in the diaper instead of spraying me.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage
  • SRK128SRK128 member

imageold_time_girl:
    I feel like I'm the only mother of boys who don't pee during diaper changes. They each have done it once, as brand new newborns and have yet to do it again.

Jonah has done it once. He is awesome during changes! 

Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • imageold_time_girl:
    I feel like I'm the only mother of boys who don't pee during diaper changes.

They each have done it once, as brand new newborns and have yet to do it again.

It's only happened twice to me. Once in the hospital and once when I attempted to change him in the dark I only realized it when my leg got wet!
    Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imagebrevans02:
    imageold_time_girl:
    I feel like I'm the only mother of boys who don't pee during diaper changes. They each have done it once, as brand new newborns and have yet to do it again.
    It's only happened twice to me. Once in the hospital and once when I attempted to change him in the dark I only realized it when my leg got wet!

I have only had it happen twice also.  The nurse at the pedi was shocked he didn't hose the place down when I put him on the scale yesterday. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • lawa306lawa306 member
    This happens daily with DS these are good tips. Also had a DD first so was totally unprepared!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"