April 2013 Moms

~~ FFFC ~~

I'm fairly certain it is Friday, which means confessions.

Surely you've got something, even if it's just "I've never posted on this board, and I have no intention of sticking around, but I showed up to AW my birth announcement" or some such shiz. 

The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.

Re: ~~ FFFC ~~

• As exhausting as I know nursing is, it kind of blows being the parent without the milk.  I think my "services" aren't much appreciated by the baby at this point in time (though I change a mean diaper, do tons of laundry, and pretty much everything else that isn't actual lactation/nursing).  
    The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • Being a (temporary) SAHM is driving me batty. I have both kids home with me now (we pulled C from daycare to save some money while I'm out) and I have absolutely no idea how I'm supposed to get anything done during the day.

All G wants to do is nurse - which is completely normal and fine with me, but it means C watches more TV than normal. G's reflux is getting worse, so she's napping less and I'm getting less time with C. I can get in the occasional load of laundry, but I haven't showered since Wednesday evening. Wearing her only helps so much and while C is great at entertaining himself, I feel awful that he's doing it most of the day.

Can I go back to work yet? Embarrassed

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Loading the player...
  • I don't like talking about the baby when we are out for the evening. It's the same questions from everyone "how is she sleeping" "do you just love being a mom" dumbest question ever I like to still feel like I am who I am without my baby but that's all anyone wants to talk to me about. I understand its exciting but talk to me about sports, the weather, anything! This was a pet peeve of mine when I got engaged and pregnant too. I feel like I'm losing sight of who I was
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetairairat:
    I'm very, very excited about celebrating my first Mother's Day. Having said that I have seen absolutely no proof that DH has planned anything despite my bald statements that I want to go out to dinner and I want a real camera not just my phone to take pictures and videos of Oskar with. If I don't get so much as a card I will be incredibly hurt and disappointed and will spend the day sobbing in our bedroom while giving DH the silent treatment. Silent only because I would otherwise say things I might later regret.

My first Mother's Day, DH didn't do anything because he "didn't think to." After all, I'm not *his* mother. Indifferent

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

• I've seen many posts from people who just "can't bare to leave baby because I love him/her so much and can't be away for even a minute." I get an hour or two almost everyday to go to the gym, for a run or to run errands babyfree and I have no problem leaving her behind.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • tmrchitmrchi member

imagercantor:
    I've seen many posts from people who just "can't bare to leave baby because I love him/her so much and can't be away for even a minute." I get an hour or two almost everyday to go to the gym, for a run or to run errands babyfree and I have no problem leaving her behind.

I'm with you.  My parents watched LO at 4 days old for me to run errands for a little bit and again at 7 days old for me and DH to have dinner out. Although I do spend a lot of time holding the baby when I'm home instead of setting him down to nap on his own.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagercantor:
    I've seen many posts from people who just "can't bare to leave baby because I love him/her so much and can't be away for even a minute." I get an hour or two almost everyday to go to the gym, for a run or to run errands babyfree and I have no problem leaving her behind.

So. jealous. 

• JSS1002JSS1002 member
    Major ditto. I'm getting a pedicure as I type this dh is off work this week and is home with James.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageJSS1002:
    Major ditto. I'm getting a pedicure as I type this dh is off work this week and is home with James.

I'm dying for a pedicure! H is home this weekend so I'm going to feed Annabelle and try and sneak out for an hour to get one! I can't wait!

• I need a pedicure and I would really like to start going to my yoga class again. I don't see either of those happening soon though, but I would have no problem if someone (who I trusted) offered to watch Kieran for a while.

I've been wearing Kieran in the K'tan a lot the last couple of days. I really shouldn't because it is killing my back, but I do it anyways. I love the snuggles :)  

• imagetairairat:
    I'm very, very excited about celebrating my first Mother's Day. Having said that I have seen absolutely no proof that DH has planned anything despite my bald statements that I want to go out to dinner and I want a real camera not just my phone to take pictures and videos of Oskar with. If I don't get so much as a card I will be incredibly hurt and disappointed and will spend the day sobbing in our bedroom while giving DH the silent treatment. Silent only because I would otherwise say things I might later regret.

MH was going to surprise me with a photo collage printed on canvas, but the expected delivery date was next Monday. He was upset that it wasn't going to be here on time, so he told me about it and showed me the preview. It got here yesterday. I think it's super sweet that he ordered it, but I'm disappointed he old me about it. I love surprises and I think it would have been so much more special to be surprised with it on Mother's Day. I know, I sound like a brat. 

• imagercantor:

Uh, eeya, same here. I got my nails done around 3 weeks pp for my first time out, I really enjoyed it. Of course I only get my nails done mmmmaybe once a year so that was big for me.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I just want two to three hours to myself so I can go see The Great Gatsby. Sh*t I'll even go by myself

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• heddy79heddy79 member

imageJSS1002:

I have a 3-4 hour hair appt tomorrow morning.  DD will be safe and sound at home with daddy and I will be enjoying a latte and some pampering! 

image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    I am really not looking forward to having to wear real pants again. Yoga pants are awesome. Also, I was that sad mom at Target this week with a newborn, crazy hair and yoga pants on. I didn't give a crap and it was super.
  • I feel horribly guilty because I think DS1 was a cuter baby than DS2 is. They literally look nothing alike except their weird hair growth pattern.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageKate_C:
    I am really not looking forward to having to wear real pants again. Yoga pants are awesome. Also, I was that sad mom at Target this week with a newborn, crazy hair and yoga pants on. I didn't give a crap and it was super.

Me too! Except I also had a toddler screaming for "copcorn" but the cafe was closed. lol

• imagetondraluv:
    I just want two to three hours to myself so I can go see The Great Gatsby. Sht I'll even go by myself

I SO want to see it. Hopefully my local theater will have it for one of their Mommy and Me showings.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageYellowLilies:
    imageOhSewCrafty:

imagercantor:

So. jealous. 

ditto. I look forward to grocery shopping so I can get out of the house alone.  

Same here. I told DH I was going to get groceries this morning and he went "I wanna go with youuuuuu". I was a little bummed.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I told everyone I did NOT want to share my birthday with my baby... well, he decided to come on my birthday. Truth be told, I'm starting to love the idea of sharing "our special day" HOWEVER, dh did NOTHING for my birthday except drive me to the hospital.

I'm considering making DH a wish list of what I would like for Mothers day to make up for him doing nothing...not even a card, and me going through labor on my birthday... Pain med free I may add. Lol.
  • imagePansyPants:
    I feel horribly guilty because I think DS1 was a cuter baby than DS2 is. They literally look nothing alike except their weird hair growth pattern.

Yes! D was so freaking cute and everyone commented on how he needed to be a baby model.
    R... poor R. He's cute cause he's MY baby, but hes got this furry Amish man look going on, yet lacking eye lashes. His brother, from the time he was born had beautiful lashes that I envy to this day.
  • I got stuck in traffic today with a screaming toddler and a screaming infant in the backseat. I tried to console them for all of 2 minutes before I gave up and just turned the radio up. As luck would have it, my horrible, loud singing along to Wonderwall by Oasis calmed both of them down:-)
    BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• imageYellowLilies:
    imageOhSewCrafty:

imagercantor:

So. jealous. 

ditto. I look forward to grocery shopping so I can get out of the house alone.  

I thought I was the only one!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagetondraluv:
    I just want two to three hours to myself so I can go see The Great Gatsby. Sh*t I'll even go by myself

haha! This. I want to go see Gatsby and Ironman. I feel major guilty asking someone to watch LO for me to do something that isn't really necessary so I'm considering how bad it would be for baby and her ears if I take her with me.

• Kate_CKate_C member

With the wicked PP hemorrhoids I have, I feel like I should get a sticker or something every time I have a bowel movement. Clearly I am super mature. Those mofos hurt though.  

• I had an opportunity to get out without the baby and I didn't do it. Because I still hate pumping and its hard. I don't want to waste any of my tie hooked up to a pump, then worrying if he has enough milk and then actually using the pumped milk for something that isn't really that important? Nope, not milk-worthy.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • elbouelbou member

imageEIsieMae:
    I got stuck in traffic today with a screaming toddler and a screaming infant in the backseat. I tried to console them for all of 2 minutes before I gave up and just turned the radio up. As luck would have it, my horrible, loud singing along to Wonderwall by Oasis calmed both of them down:-)

Lol, nice!

My confession is that I'm second-guessing DS's name. It was our back-up name for both our girls, and has been decided for about 6 years that our son would be Joseph Taylor. I think I fell out of love with that name though, and it doesn't quite sound right to me anymore. He will be 4 weeks old tomorrow...

• MN_JenMN_Jen member
    I don't like breastfeeding. Even now that my nipples aren't bleeding anymore and we mostly worked out our latch, I much prefer pumping. We still breastfeed a couple times a day, but giving him a pumped bottle is so much easier.
  • I hate breastfeeding. HATE IT. I think any women who is all involved in a la leche league is freaking nuts. Everyone talks about what a great bonding experience is, all it's making me is resentful. I resent my husband because I don't think he gets that I find breast feeding to be the hardest thing I've ever done and no matter what he says or does I do not feel that he supports me which I know is not totally true. And I resent DD because I feel that this week at 5 weeks when things should be getting easier; they've totally shi the bed. She's up all the time, and wants to use me as a pacifier. I want to give up.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• imageKate_C:

Yup, I'm not looking forward to wearing real pants either.
  • imageOhSewCrafty:

imageKate_C:

Me too! Except I also had a toddler screaming for "copcorn" but the cafe was closed. lol

Lol! I haven't ventured to target with both kids on my own yer, but when I do, that will totally be me too.
  • I'm a month into maternity leave with a month left and I feel like I'm surviving it rather than enjoying it right now. I love DS, but I'm EBF and I swear he is constantly attached. Instead of things getting easier each week, they seem to get harder. And, maybe I have some warped memories, but he seems like such a harder baby than DD was. Some days I wish I could just go back to work. I know it'll suck once I get there with long hours, etc, but I'm craving adult interaction and the ability to go in and kick butt. I feel so guilty for feeling that way. I'm also HATING BFing and its making me resentful and slightly bitter, especially when DH has the nerve to complain that he's tired when he's slept all night and I've slept 3 to 5 hours in broken chunks.
  • zzbbzzbb member
    I feel guilty because I want to celebrate this mother's day as my "first" but it's technically my 3rd with my stepdaughters who I provide most of the mother role for.

I guess since having my son 5 weeks ago I'm a "real" mom now and want people to acknowledge that but feel guilt saying that it's my first mother's day...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"