Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Reflux symptoms

I noticed a lot of you saying your LO has reflux or silent reflux. What were the symptoms?

Re: Reflux symptoms

• =Lee=B=Lee=B member

Constantly choking/gagging on her reflux (while awake, asleep, lying, sitting)

Projectile spit-up that clears a few feet

Projectile spit up out the nose (also clears a few feet)

Reeks of acid/vomit unlike normal spit up that doesn't really smell bad

audible noise of stomach acid coming up (and she usually swallows back down)

She'll be sound asleep then start screaming in pain, spit up and go back to sleep on her own (yesterday she did this and the spit up went straight up in the air like a water fountain)

Constant need to nurse (soothes throat) or the refusal to eat (they learn it hurts)

Screams when you burp due to the pain of you forcing the acid up

Arches back (especially when being burped)

Hiccups a lot (most babies do)...sometimes with each hiccups she spits up, over and over and over

There might be more...that's what my daughter does that I can think of at the moment.

• My son arches his back and cries when being burped, and after feeds. Coughing, congestion, wanting to eat constantly, but difficult to feed. Takes a few sips then screams. Also just fussy in general.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • lbonga1lbonga1 member
    image=Lee=B:

Constantly choking/gagging on her reflux (while awake, asleep, lying, sitting)

Projectile spit-up that clears a few feet

Projectile spit up out the nose (also clears a few feet)

Reeks of acid/vomit unlike normal spit up that doesn't really smell bad

audible noise of stomach acid coming up (and she usually swallows back down)

She'll be sound asleep then start screaming in pain, spit up and go back to sleep on her own (yesterday she did this and the spit up went straight up in the air like a water fountain)

Constant need to nurse (soothes throat) or the refusal to eat (they learn it hurts)

Screams when you burp due to the pain of you forcing the acid up

Arches back (especially when being burped)

Hiccups a lot (most babies do)...sometimes with each hiccups she spits up, over and over and over

There might be more...that's what my daughter does that I can think of at the moment.

Jeesh, I should show this to my fiance. He was freaking out that our LO's reflux was really bad and her medicine wasn't fixing it. I tried to explain to him that all babies spit up and the medicine got rid of her other symptoms.

Before we started her on medicine, she had these same symptoms, minus the projectile vomiting and spit up fountains! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ajmm84Ajmm84 member
    My LO was having mild reflux symptoms, he was having some projectile vomitting, and certainly was like a geyser when it happened and he would cry.  He was throwing up after every single feeding, and not just once, it would be over the next few hours until the next feeding, he would be losing ounces and then be starving again very quickly and get uncomfortable, and if I gave him more it would be a vicious cycle and come right back up again, even pedialyte was coming back up. Somebody said they want to keep eating because it soothes them from the acid, that is so true. Dr. wound up telling me to switch to Enfamil A.R. (he was on GentleEase) and if it didn't work they would put him on medicine.  So far it has actually been helping, so his symptoms were not a severe as other PP's LO's but were still hard on him, so I am happy to see this formula help him.  My heart certainly goes out to those who have LO's with the severe symptoms, that is certainly not easy to handle, and you don't ever want to see your baby in pain
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • My LO was just given meds for reflux he was spitting up like crazy and crying arching his back the worest part and the scariest for me was we had a couple of really nasty choking episodes one so bad I ended up calling the ambulance
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"