Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Wedge made.to help with reflux?

Our LO has bad reflux. We are on medication, but also going to be fitted for a wedge that she straps into. I'm just curious if anyone else has done this, and if so, I'd it help?

Re: Wedge made.to help with reflux?

• With DD, we just elevated one end of her crib mattress with rolled up towels. An incline will definitely help.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We've donE that ... Not enough of an improvement and she rolls to the bottom by the time she wakes up. 
  • Loading the player...
  • The wedge isn't really necessary, you can incline crib mattress with pillows.  We did that and then bought a Tucker Sling (https://tuckersling.com/).  It was a godsend. we just recently transitioned him out of it.  They're pricey, but worth it.  Try Craigslist or Ebay for used ones. 

• Did you buy the whole sling?  With wedge and all?
  • imageJTGochnour:
    Did you buy the whole sling?  With wedge and all?

Nope, just the sling. I seriously considered the wedge, but I'm glad I didn't. Pillows worked just fine. Was even able to still use the Angelcare Monitor. 

ETA: Here's the exact link: https://www.tuckersling.com/khxc/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=CribMattress

We bought it in Small and transitioned him last week when he got over the weight limit and was rolling over in it.

Full disclosure: I'm selling it on eBay now.  But there's no reserve and I was just saying to DH that while I won't be happy if I don't get much $ for it, it WILL please me that a little baby who might not otherwise be able to have one will get one and feel better hopefully. Seriously, it was the best $ I've spent in his 8.5 months.

• A couple of pics:

As you can tell I jacked that crib WAY up, hence the sling.

And this is his face after I HAD TO GO IN AND WAKE HIM UP for daycare.

• Idk how old your LO is, but a Rock n Play sleeper might help. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you everyone for the great advice. I bid on a tucker sling on eBay (maybe even yours??)  also, imhadvher sleep in her coarsest and she slept her first 6 hour stretch; which lately she's been going maybe 2 hours ... I feel like a whole new woman!  Thanks for all your support ladies!!  We do still ave an appointment at Children's hospital on the 21st. 
  • DS was prescribed one after his diagnosis.  He has been using it for 2 weeks now  and at 12  weeks he has started sleeping though the night with it.  

Our Little Miracle - Raymond Clifford Jr Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"