August 2012 Moms

FFFC

I'm feeding G puffs and bumping. I needed a break.

I also gave him teething tablets to make him sleepy two hours before his naptime yesterday so that he would take his second nap at 12pm instead of 1/2pm because we had to leave for SO's commencement at 2:30.  Then, I took him on a 45 minute walk and he was passed out.

I also was glad SO's dad walked around with G while he screamed for two hours yesterday. The noise in the stadium was too much for him and honestly, it was nice to actually see SO walk and enjoy myself.

I was glad G woke up the minute SO tried to DTD this morning. I tried the other day and he was "too sleepy." Payback is a bittch, sucka.

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
SCANDAL!

Re: FFFC

• I bump stalked my sister a bit to see what she is up to (she is on the TTGP board). I notice DemoDoll over there too. I'm sure my sister looks me up too, I may get busted for this!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • A girl I used to work with, who was promoted to manage a hotel over me, was fired from that hotel for stealing $10,000. I'm honestly not surprised. She had been on Maury not once, not twice, but THREE times. She was in jail for check fraud years ago in Texas. Once trash, always trash.

It's flameful because I'm reveling in someone elses misfortunate. :D

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...

I'm making this for a Stella & Dot Girl's Night Party tonight. I will be eating a slice even though I've been eating really well and working out really hard trying to lose weight. I get to treat myself sometimes.

• imageSpruceGrouse:
    I bump stalked my sister a bit to see what she is up to she is on the TTGP board. I notice DemoDoll over there too. I'm sure my sister looks me up too, I may get busted for this!

Bump stalking scares me. I like to keep my bump separate from IRL. I stalked Sept 12 awhile to see if my friend posts there, but I haven't seen anyone that resembles her.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• I am part of a local BFing group on FB. Many of the women are preachy and seem so high and mighty.  They make it seem like if you do not BF you are not trying hard enough, not educated, etc.

Sometimes it makes me not want to BF because I do not want to be associated with these type of women.

I BF my child because luckily it worked for us and it is still working. I wish women would get off their high horse and just support one another. 

995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemollyxcate:
    I'm making this for a Stella amp; Dot Girl's Night Party tonight. I will be eating a slice even though I've been eating really well and working out really hard trying to lose weight. I get to treat myself sometimes.

I made that twice last summer. It's easy and people love it.
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageBemyselfandi:
    imagemollyxcate:
    I'm making this for a Stella amp; Dot Girl's Night Party tonight. I will be eating a slice even though I've been eating really well and working out really hard trying to lose weight. I get to treat myself sometimes.
    I made that twice last summer. It's easy and people love it.

I'm so excited to try it.

And double bonus, king sized kit kat bars were on sale at target for $1 yesterday so I saved a ton on those!

• skoozskooz member

Somehow the baby monitor wasn't on this morning. I'm almost positive it was on when I went to bed last night so I have no idea what happened. Hopefully DD wasn't up crying in the MOTN because for the past few months she always wakes up at some point. Even if she did though, she was fairly happy when I finally woke up and the sleep was SO nice. I haven't slept 8 hours straight in months. Kind of makes me want to turn the monitor off at night. 

Another confession, I yelled at her yesterday :( there was food and pee all over the floor and she put her hand in her dirty diaper and DH has been gone for months so I was feeling way overwhelmed. I apologized though, pretty sure she forgave me ;) 

• Drives me nuts that some people are so preachy and pushy in their opinions.  Like their way is the only way.

Like BF/FF  or NIP/using a cover

Everyone has their own opinions, as long as the baby is cared for and not in danger, let them be!

I guess there are extremist in all areas of life.

• imageSaltylove:
    I'm not a huge fan of other people's babies. Once kiddos get to the toddler and preschool stage I love hanging out with other people's kids, but even now that I have DD, someone hands me a baby and I'm all "WTF am I supposed to do with this?" I'm a weirdo.
    I don't like other people's kids at any age! Actually, that isn't completely true. Now that the girls are in school, I do like talking to their little classmates. But younger than that? Bleh. They always seem dirty and boogery to me (and my kids are the champs of being dirty and covered with boogers - I am a huge hypocrite!).

DH and I married 8 years. Mom of three, stepmom of one.

• I haven't had sex in over 2 weeks!

I'm afraid to sneeze.

On the bright side, Mr. Sexy on a Stick will be home tomorrow !!!

I know he hasn't seen the babies and kids in 2 weeks but, I'm declaring Mothers Day an actual freaking date night.

I do what I want....

photo happy4th_zps32a39228.jpg

• I am taking my grandpa to lunch today and I don't really want to go.  My grandma died right before Easter, and he's having a rough time, but I don't ever know what to say to him...  I am making DH go with us so there is another person to talk.  He actually loves talking to my grandpa.

• I have a little crush on New Jersey. Oh, there's a marathon of Jerseylicious on? I'm there. I freaking can't wait for the RHONJ to return next month on Bravo. I've started reading the Stephanie Plum series and I love doing the accent in my head. I may have been born in the wrong state!

• I raised the limit on my credit card to help us get through the next month or so, until my insurance changes at work, and my take home pay increases. We have to have money to buy diapers and formula and food. So far, we have not had to get into our retirement accounts, and I would like to keep it that way.

• Jnmac83Jnmac83 member

I rarely wear deodorant and when I do it's an after thought. I keep some in my desk and in my purse in case I feel like I need it, but I don't start my day putting it on. I just rarely sweat and I am pretty sure I don't smell. ha.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH admitted Wednesday he hadn't gotten me anything yet for Mother's Day then said "I'll be home late Thursday". I don't know what he got me but then asked if I could "leave the house for several hours Sunday" - um, not my ideal way to spend Mother's Day. I want to be with my son for my 1st Mothers Day and I'd like to relax, TBH. I had to ask 3 times what time he wanted me to leave and for how long without an answer and I got pretty snappy. I feel bad for being snappy when he's obviously trying to plan something for me and I feel bad for him because he's horrible at gifts but at the same time, he shouldn't procrastinate. This is my first Mother's Day. If you don't make a deal out of any other day, make a deal out of THIS ONE. It's like, "thank you for all you do as a mom". I'm a little worried the day is not going to go as I hope for.

Anniversary
  • imageBaker_Bride:
    imageSpruceGrouse:
    I bump stalked my sister a bit to see what she is up to she is on the TTGP board. I notice DemoDoll over there too. I'm sure my sister looks me up too, I may get busted for this!

Bump stalking scares me. I like to keep my bump separate from IRL. I stalked Sept 12 awhile to see if my friend posts there, but I haven't seen anyone that resembles her.

It Kind of scares me too because I'm afraid people might see it but I guess it's not a huge deal, I'd rather be on there talking about TTGP because it helps me stay sane. Its worth it to get caught by a friend IRL. But I really don't think my friends go on those boards.... Fingers crossed lol.
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageSaltylove:
    I'm not a huge fan of other people's babies. Once kiddos get to the toddler and preschool stage I love hanging out with other people's kids, but even now that I have DD, someone hands me a baby and I'm all "WTF am I supposed to do with this?" I'm a weirdo.

I don't enjoy other people's children of any age. Except for my nephew, I generally find them all annoying, even my best friend's kid. Everyone, including my family, was shocked that I decided to have a baby.  

• I don't really want to spend Mother's Day with my mom this year. I know I should want to because of all the things she has done for us this year to help out with Rylan, but this is my first real Mother's Day and I kinda want to spend it with my little family and not have to share the day. We already have a family cookout planned or else I would say something.
  • I feel like my life is spinning out of control and I am not letting anyone help me with it. The best way I can explain it is the weight that you feel when you are tired or sick, that is how I feel all the time now. This started about 2 weeks ago and I feel like my marriage is going down the drains. I know it is my fault but I am not sure what to do. I feel if I go talk to someone they will just want to put me on meds to cover up what is going on and I don't see that being helpful.

I guess the FFC is that I can see that I am being a bad wife but at this point I am so far in my darkplace that I don't seem to be doing anything to fix it. My DH told me that I don't seem like I care about him anymore. I do but my body and mind is telling me I don't care about anything anymore.

• I guess my FFFC is that I love days like Mothers Day, Fathers Day, and Valentines Day. I know they're "made up" (because none of the other holidays out there are just social constructs, obvz. Christmas fell out of a volcano and landed on Dec 25th, no getting around that!), but it's nice to have days specifically designated to stop and appreciate people you love. Also I'm materialistic and I like getting and giving gifts. Haters gonna hate!

AUGUST 2012 UNICORN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageAggieDaner:
    I guess my FFFC is that I love days like Mothers Day, Fathers Day, and Valentines Day. I know they're "made up" (because none of the other holidays out there are just social constructs, obvz. Christmas fell out of a volcano and landed on Dec 25th, no getting around that!), but it's nice to have days specifically designated to stop and appreciate people you love. Also I'm materialistic and I like getting and giving gifts. Haters gonna hate!

I agree.  My dad once said, "what is the problem with having another reason to celebrate?".  That is the way I think of pretty much any holiday. If it gives you a reason to celebrate something, why not do it?

• imagehardewbr:

I feel like my life is spinning out of control and I am not letting anyone help me with it. The best way I can explain it is the weight that you feel when you are tired or sick, that is how I feel all the time now. This started about 2 weeks ago and I feel like my marriage is going down the drains. I know it is my fault but I am not sure what to do. I feel if I go talk to someone they will just want to put me on meds to cover up what is going on and I don't see that being helpful.

I guess the FFC is that I can see that I am being a bad wife but at this point I am so far in my darkplace that I don't seem to be doing anything to fix it. My DH told me that I don't seem like I care about him anymore. I do but my body and mind is telling me I don't care about anything anymore.

Not all therapists push medication. If you're against it, make it clear from the beginning. Take it from someone who has had a lifelong struggle with depression, you owe it to yourself, child and husband to feel better. 

• imageAmbsies:

I assume that everyone that drives a Hummer is a giant douche-bag.  Yes, I'm sure that at least one of you drives one of those monstrosities and I'm sure that you're an amazing person... but when I see one on the road I can't help but roll my eyes.

Haha, this is how I feel about anyone who drives a Prius. Yes, there are people who drive them purely for the fuel economy and/or to drive in HOV but I always feel like they are so judgy of everyone else in their normal cars and think they're better than everyone else because they are single-handedly saving the planet. 

But yes, people in Hummers are clearly trying to overcompensate for something.

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • imagetwoitalians:
    I don't really want to spend Mother's Day with my mom this year. I know I should want to because of all the things she has done for us this year to help out with Rylan, but this is my first real Mother's Day and I kinda want to spend it with my little family and not have to share the day. We already have a family cookout planned or else I would say something.

I feel the same way. Mother's Day just feels like a whole lot of work, trying to include the whole family. I just want to stay home with my baby.
  • imagemollyxcate:

I'm making this for a Stella & Dot Girl's Night Party tonight. I will be eating a slice even though I've been eating really well and working out really hard trying to lose weight. I get to treat myself sometimes.

Girl you deserve it!

• imageBayleighPaws:
    imageAggieDaner:
    I guess my FFFC is that I love days like Mothers Day, Fathers Day, and Valentines Day. I know they're "made up" because none of the other holidays out there are just social constructs, obvz. Christmas fell out of a volcano and landed on Dec 25th, no getting around that!, but it's nice to have days specifically designated to stop and appreciate people you love. Also I'm materialistic and I like getting and giving gifts. Haters gonna hate!

My birthday is Monday! So I feel like I'm totally getting shafted on at least one of the days.... It's either Mother's Day or my birthday, both days can't be equally awesome.

I also hate getting presents... Like HATE it. It makes me uncomfortable and I find it awkward and anxiety inducing.

But didn't you hear? If your birthday is on Monday, the holiday volcano moves Mother's Day to July 7th for you. You need to check your volcano mail more often.

AUGUST 2012 UNICORN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemollyxcate:

Umm how do you make this glorious cake?

• imagehardewbr:

I feel like my life is spinning out of control and I am not letting anyone help me with it. The best way I can explain it is the weight that you feel when you are tired or sick, that is how I feel all the time now. This started about 2 weeks ago and I feel like my marriage is going down the drains. I know it is my fault but I am not sure what to do. I feel if I go talk to someone they will just want to put me on meds to cover up what is going on and I don't see that being helpful.

My therapist was totally on board when I told her I preferred not to try anti-depressants again.  She suggested it one time and I reminded her why it wouldn't work for me (unless it was an absolute necessity) and she said "Oh, that's right." and went on with the therapy session.  And it worked wonders. PLEASE call someone!  If you don't click with them, keep looking. 

• imagehardewbr:
    imagemollyxcate:

Umm how do you make this glorious cake?

Haha just a regular 2 layer chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and then you stick the kit kats to the frosting around the sides, top with m&ms and use the left over frosting to attach the m&ms on the side!

• imageAmbsies:
    I assume that everyone that drives a Hummer is a giant douchebag.nbsp; Yes, I'm sure that at least one of you drives one of those monstrosities and I'm sure that you're an amazing person... but when I see one on the road I can't help but roll my eyes.

Me too! Totally unnecessary.

• imagemmdailey:
    imagetwoitalians:
    I don't really want to spend Mother's Day with my mom this year. I know I should want to because of all the things she has done for us this year to help out with Rylan, but this is my first real Mother's Day and I kinda want to spend it with my little family and not have to share the day. We already have a family cookout planned or else I would say something.

I feel the same way. Mother's Day just feels like a whole lot of work, trying to include the whole family. I just want to stay home with my baby.

Me too. My sister is a single mom and always wants everyone around do she's not feeling quite so lonely and I get it, but for just this first Mother's Day I want to be with my family.
  • imagemeaknigh:
    imageAmbsies:

I assume that everyone that drives a Hummer is a giant douche-bag.&nbsp; Yes, I'm sure that at least one of you drives one of those monstrosities and I'm sure that you're an amazing person... but when I see one on the road I can't help but roll my eyes.

&nbsp;

Haha, this is how I feel about anyone who drives a Prius. Yes, there are people who drive them purely for the fuel economy and/or to drive in HOV but I always feel like they are so judgy of everyone else in their normal cars and think they're better than everyone else because they are single-handedly saving the planet.&nbsp;

But yes, people in Hummers are clearly trying to overcompensate for something.

I agree but at least they serve a purpose. Hummers are unnecessary.

• I guess my FFFC would be I'd drive an H2 if I could. I'd also take a Land Rover. The SUV I really really want is an Infinity. I like big vehicles that look a little different than the typical SUV.

I REALLY can't wait until DSS is well enough to go to school. He missed the ENTIRE week with this infection that looks like flu but apparently isn't. I give up my one hour of DVR time and one nap with DD because they're during his meal times. I want my snuggles and TV, dammit!

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
  • imageMedhp00:
    I didn't realize Mother's day was this weekend.I always feel like crap since SO is a SAHD and I work FT. I am really wanting time to myself and I feel like everyone thinks my job is my time to myself. I work with preschool children all day. It's not. As soon as I walk in the door from work SO is handing off Max and doing his own thing...for the remainder of the night. I still have to make dinner. We've discussed this but then that guild of "oh, he's home with him all day so I should feel bad" hits and I back off. I just want to exercise or have even 30 minutes to stare at the wall when I get home. I need to unwind some times too.nbsp;

I SAH and make dinner. Men can do it too.

• Oh and I remembered my real confession. DH does not really know that I Bump. Embarrassed He was gone most of the time I was on here soooo ... it just never came up? Now I feel like it's a secret almost. Hahaha.  Not that I'm ashamed or anything.
  • CaliValCaliVal member
    imageBayleighPaws:
    imageAggieDaner:
    I guess my FFFC is that I love days like Mothers Day, Fathers Day, and Valentines Day. I know they're "made up" because none of the other holidays out there are just social constructs, obvz. Christmas fell out of a volcano and landed on Dec 25th, no getting around that!, but it's nice to have days specifically designated to stop and appreciate people you love. Also I'm materialistic and I like getting and giving gifts. Haters gonna hate!

My birthday is Monday! So I feel like I'm totally getting shafted on at least one of the days.... It's either Mother's Day or my birthday, both days can't be equally awesome.

I also hate getting presents... Like HATE it. It makes me uncomfortable and I find it awkward and anxiety inducing.

BPaws my birthday is today so I feel like I'm getting shafted too! Growing up I always thought of it being cool for my mom that my sister and I's birthday was so close to Mothers Day. Now it's not so cool, haha.
  • Tula214Tula214 member
    imageAggieDaner:

This was going to be my confession, too! I was saving it all week.

My birthday is on the other most hated holiday, Valentine's Day. I don't care if people should show love every day. My SO loves me every day, and tells me I'm beautiful. So what if he goes all out for Valentines, or now Mother's Day? Bring on the spoiling!
  • CaliValCaliVal member
    imageBlueDevilLady:

imageCaliVal:
    my birthday is today so I feel like I'm getting shafted too! Growing up I always thought of it being cool for my mom that my sister and I's birthday was so close to Mothers Day. Now it's not so cool, haha.

What the what?! It's your bday?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALIVAL!!!!!!!!&nbsp;

Thank you BDL. Insert Mobile smiley face. The big two five.
  • imagemollyxcate:
    Oh and I remembered my real confession. DH does not really know that I Bump. [:] He was gone most of the time I was on here soooo ... it just never came up? Now I feel like it's a secret almost. Hahaha.nbsp; Not that I'm ashamed or anything.

Molly, we're secret bumper friends! DH doesn't know I bump, either...

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"